Buttery soft, incredibly moist, spiced Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles are a perfect addition to any Christmas cookie platter!
I received product samples from our awesome sponsors to aid in the creation of this #ChristmasCookies recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
Welcome to Christmas Cookies Week! I cannot BELIEVE it’s only 46 days until Christmas! Except this year I think we’ve earned it.
What a whirlwind of a year we’ve had, which has made diving into Christmas already, a necessity for my heart and soul.
Yes, we’ve put our decorations up. Yes I’m already listening to Christmas music and yes my house smells like holiday baking most weekends now.
I know it’s early. I get it. But it’s what my soul need this year.
It also needed these incredible Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles.
A big old shout out and a huge thank you to our sponsors for Christmas Cookies week. Without them, these cookies I have whipped up for this week would not be possible.
These Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles are sponsored by Millican Pecan, Adams Extract and Anolon.
We are huge snickerdoodle fans around here.
While I think the recipe we use for Snickerdoodles is one of the best I’ve ever had, I knew that some tweaking might be fun too.
So we set out to use our favorite recipe but add a delicious nutty twist. It’s light, subtle but adds SO much flavor!
These are a winner!
Since today starts Christmas Cookies week, you have to check out all the great recipes shared today!!
Monday Christmas Cookie Recipes
- Brown Sugar Pecan Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Cappuccino Crinkles by West Via Midwest
- Cherry Garlands by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Chocolate Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Books n’ Cooks
- Chocolate Sugar Kisses by An Affair from the Heart
- Christmas Confetti Amaretti Cookies by The Spiffy Cookie
- Christmas Mouse Shortbread Cookies by Palatable Pastime
- Christmas Pinwheel Cookies by Lemon Blossoms
- Classic Butter Spritz Cookies by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Gluten Free Gingerbread Cookies by Frugal & Fit
- Hermit Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Honey Spice Oatmeal Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Melting Snowman Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Pecan Brown Sugar Cookies by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pecan Pie Cookies by Art of Natural Living
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies by Swirls of Flavor
- Peppermint Kiss Cookies by Devour Dinner
- Peppermint Patty Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Toffee Bars by That Recipe
- White Chocolate Cranberry Crinkle Cookies by Blogghetti
Pin these Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles for Later
Recipe for Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles
Cinnamon Pecan Snickerdoodles
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- [1/2 cup Millican Pecan Meal]
- 2 teaspoons Cream of Tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine softened
- 1 ⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon Adams Vanilla Extract
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the topping ingredients and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, pecan meal, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture, a little at a time to the butter mixture until combined.
- Form even balls approximately 1-inch with the dough and roll in cinnamon sugar topping mixture.
- Place evenly on non-stick cookie sheet (we love Anolon!) about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. The secret to keeping them soft and moist is to make sure you don’t overcook them.
- Allow them to cool just slightly on baking sheet. About 5 minutes.
- Transfer to wire rack to cool completely and then store in air tight container for about 1 week.