The classic taste of a S’mores in a S’mores Flatbread Pizza. A huge hit anytime of year. In the summer it makes a great less messy dessert than it’s traditional counterpart.
It’s day 3 of Summer Dessert Week and today I went a little more traditional and simple.
Sometimes when we are entertaining or having a BBQ, we really don’t want the sticky mess that comes from S’mores over the firepit. Enter this easy S’mores Flatbread Pizza.
A simple flatbread dough, some marshmallow fluff, graham crackers and chocolate chunks can be thrown together fairly quickly and you can have dessert tonight.
This is one of our favorites and is so easy to boot.
My kids love this and all of my teenagers can make the entire S’mores Flatbread Pizza from start to finish by themselves which makes this a favorite around here just for the ease of prep.
Plus it the flatbread is entirely homemade and can be used for so many things.
I love a recipe that can be changed up and used however you like when the mood strikes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn S’mores Ice Cream Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- Strawberry Mojito Popsicles from The Spiffy Cookie
- Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bars from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Coconut Lime Pound Cake from The Food Hunter’s Guide To Cuisine
- Grocery Store Iced Oatmeal Cookies from The Beard and The Baker
- Mermaid Pudding Pops from For the Love of Food
Ready to make some S’mores Flatbread Pizza?
S’mores Flatbread Pizza
For the Flatbreads
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons active dry yeast
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ cup warm water 110 degrees F
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
For the S’mores Flatbread Pizza
- ½ cup marshmallow fluff
- ¾ cup chocolate chip chunks
- ¼ cup finely ground graham cracker crumbs
For the Flatbreads
- In a large mixing bowl, add the all purpose flour, Red Star Active Dry Yeast and salt. Sift.
- Add the warm water and the oil and beat the mixture for 1 minute.
- Dough will be sticky, but remove from bowl and place on a floured surface. Cover with a towel and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- After resting period, preheat a skillet to medium high.
- Roll the dough into a ball. You can either section into 4 equal sections or leave it whole.
- Using a rolling pin, roll out your flatbread dough.
- Cook on ungreased pan about 1 minute per side over medium high heat.
For the S'mores Flatbread Pizza
- Once the flatbread is prepared, place on a pan and preheat oven to broil.
- Spread the marshmallow fluff across the entire surface of the flatbreads.
- Top with chocolate chunks. I use a lot, so if you want more, add more!
- Sprinkle grahmam cracker crumbs across the entire top of pizza.
- Place the entire S'mores Flatbread Pizza into the oven to broil for approximately 2 minutes or until the marshmallow is melted and bubbly in places and turning golden. Watch carefully and remove as soon as it appears done. It burns fast so watch very carefully.