Creamy, spicy, decadent White Queso Mac and Cheese is the adult version of its classic counterpart. A kicked up version of classic mac and cheese perfect for date night or when you just want something a little more special.
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Ha! Okay I’m a few days early, but it’s totally worth it to bring you this delicious White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two recipe.
The team is bringing you fantastic recipes for two, today in honor of Valentine’s Day.
You can find a lunch, dinner, snack or dessert to serve your sweetheart this February 14!
This creamy, decadent, cheesy pasta is a favorite around our house, whether I’m whipping up a batch for two, or for the entire family.
It’s also great as a side dish paired with almost anything, but for Valentine’s Day?
Whip it up as a side dish with a steak and salad and you have a wonderful, complete meal that will melt your Valentine’s heart.
Did I mention it was easy? It really is.
And it’s all done on the stovetop which is where I always get my creamiest, cheesiest mac and cheese!
Also, once you check out this White Queso Mac and Cheese, be sure to check out and see the AWESOME line up of Recipes for Two our team has brought you today!
More Great Recipes for Two
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon-Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, Apples and Fennel
- Baked Custard
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float
- Chocolate Malt Bread Pudding
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise
- White Hot Chocolate
Recipe for White Queso Mac and Cheese
White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two
- 1 cup uncooked elbow pasta
- 1 Tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper seeded and finely chopped
- ¼ cup red bell pepper seeded and finely chopped
- 12 ounces white American cheese shredded
- 4 ounces pepper jack cheese shredded
- ½ cup milk
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Heat the canola oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the finely chopped onion, finely chopped red bell pepper and the finely chopped jalapeño. Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are soft.
- Lower the heat to medium-low.
- Add a little of both cheeses to the pan and add about ¼ cup of the milk.
- Whisk until the cheese is completely melted.
- Mix in the rest of the milk and whisk until smooth and melted.
- If you’d like your sauce a bit thinner, add more milk until you get the right consistency.
- Pour the Queso Cheese Sauce over the macaroni and serve immediately!