This is one of my kids favorite meals, and its easy enough that the kids can do most of it. (trust me, I know this because I’m still laid up with the bum Achilles – ha!) This recipes makes 2 casseroles, sometimes 3.
Creamy Ham Pasta
- 10 c. uncooked tri color spiral pasta
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 med. green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 3 cans of cream of cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 c. cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 c. crushed butter-flavored crackers
- We have left out the green pepper, celery, onion and mushrooms and instead added a bag of frozen mixed veggies – cans would work.
- We have used different noodles – spaghetti, bow tie, penne
- We have substituted beef & chicken for the ham. Tastes amazing.
- We leave off the crackers most of the time because we don’t actually like them.
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.