This is one of my kids favorite meals, and its easy enough that the kids can do most of it. (trust me, I know this because I’m still laid up with the bum Achilles – ha!) This recipes makes 2 casseroles, sometimes 3.
Creamy Ham Pasta
- 10 c. uncooked tri color spiral pasta
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 med. green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. butter, cubed
- 3 cans of cream of cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 4 c. cooked ham, cubed
- 2 cans mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 c. crushed butter-flavored crackers
- We have left out the green pepper, celery, onion and mushrooms and instead added a bag of frozen mixed veggies – cans would work.
- We have used different noodles – spaghetti, bow tie, penne
- We have substituted beef & chicken for the ham. Tastes amazing.
- We leave off the crackers most of the time because we don’t actually like them.