Loads of melted Provel cheese, sauce and all of the Imo’s Toppings make up these delicious, melt in your mouth Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls.
If you have ever lived in or have visited St. Louis, you more than likely know what Imo’s Pizza is. St. Louis style pizza at it’s finest.
I originally created this recipe in honor of National Pizza Month. I wanted to share it again, since it’s such a fun, and uber delicious take on a Deluxe Imo’s Pizza.
These Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls are easy and fast – dinner on the table in just about a half hour or so.
If you’ve ever had an Imo’s Deluxe Pizza (or any deluxe St. Louis style pizza) you will recognize the flavor in each bite!
We are celebrating National Pizza Day and bringing you 50+ of the best pizza recipes to fill your belly with pizza goodness of all kinds.
There are traditional pizzas to dessert pizzas and some pizza inspired sandwiches, salads and even a condiment!
Be sure and check them out below!
St. Louis has a deep food history, and pizza is a strong one. Our pizza’s are different than anywhere else. According to St. Louis (and wikipedia):
The definitive characteristics of a St. Louis-style pizza are a very thin crust made without yeast, the common (but not mandatory) use of Provel processed cheese, and pizzas cut into squares or rectangles instead of wedges.
Since thin crust was a must, I chose lasagna noodles for this recipe rather than looking for another type of noodle that might add too much weight. The lasagna noodle holds everything together and makes this dish incredibly easy to serve.
I used Provel cheese because it’s a St. Louis staple sold at every store around here, but you can substitute with a combination of shredded provolone, shredded swiss and shredded white cheddar.
That’s pretty much what Provel cheese consists of.
And if you should not want to go to all that trouble, shredded Provolone cheese work’s just fine on it’s own and it’s just as good.
(Yes we tested all three ways just to be sure).
Check out all these fantastic Pizza Inspired recipes!
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
Ready to make some Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls?