Loads of melted Provel cheese, sauce and all of the Imo’s Toppings make up these delicious, melt in your mouth Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls.
If you have ever lived in or have visited St. Louis, you more than likely know what Imo’s Pizza is. St. Louis style pizza at it’s finest.
I originally created this recipe in honor of National Pizza Month. I wanted to share it again, since it’s such a fun, and uber delicious take on a Deluxe Imo’s Pizza.
These Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls are easy and fast – dinner on the table in just about a half hour or so.
If you’ve ever had an Imo’s Deluxe Pizza (or any deluxe St. Louis style pizza) you will recognize the flavor in each bite!
We are celebrating National Pizza Day and bringing you 50+ of the best pizza recipes to fill your belly with pizza goodness of all kinds.
There are traditional pizzas to dessert pizzas and some pizza inspired sandwiches, salads and even a condiment!
Be sure and check them out below!
St. Louis has a deep food history, and pizza is a strong one.
Our pizza’s are different than anywhere else.
According to St. Louis (and wikipedia):
The definitive characteristics of a St. Louis-style pizza are a very thin crust made without yeast, the common (but not mandatory) use of Provel processed cheese, and pizzas cut into squares or rectangles instead of wedges.
Since thin crust was a must, I chose lasagna noodles for this recipe rather than looking for another type of noodle that might add too much weight.
The lasagna noodle holds everything together and makes this dish incredibly easy to serve.
I used Provel cheese because it’s a St. Louis staple sold at every store around here, but you can substitute with a combination of shredded provolone, shredded swiss and shredded white cheddar.
That’s pretty much what Provel cheese consists of.
And if you should not want to go to all that trouble, shredded Provolone cheese work’s just fine on it’s own and it’s just as good.
(Yes we tested all three ways just to be sure).
More Pizza Inspired recipes
- Cauliflower Pizza Crust
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders
- Pizza Potato Skins
- Bagel Pizzas
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza
- Pizza Steak Hoagie
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions
Ready to make some Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls?
Recipe for Deluxe Imos Pizza Lasagna Rolls
Deluxe Imos Pizza Lasagna Rolls
- 12-16 cooked lasagna noodles cooled
- 1 lb Italian Sausage cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 ½ cups Provel© Cheese please see post for alternative cheese or just use provolone
- ¾ cup of mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- ½ cup onion chopped and sauteed
- 1 cup Green Pepper chopped and sauteed
- More pizza sauce and cheese for baking:
- 2 ½ cups pizza sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded Provel© Cheese
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- Prepare all cooked ingredients ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup of pizza sauce into a 13×9 dish.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of pizza sauce with ½ teaspoon of dried Oregano.
- On a large surface, spoon Oregano pizza sauce on each noodle on one side (see photo).
- At one end of the lasagna noodle, spoon bacon and italian sausage. On top of that, spoon onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Top with Shredded Provel cheese (or Provolone). Start at that end, roll lasagna noodle (see photo).
- Do this for each lasagna noodle, placing it in the 13×9 dish on top of the pizza sauce you put in it.
- Don’t be afraid to crowd them. You usually can fit 12-16 in one dish. Once all the noodles are rolled, top the entire dish with any remaining pizza sauce, provel cheese and even extra inside ingredients. Sprinkle oregano over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.