Loads of melted Provel cheese, sauce and all of the Imo’s Toppings make up these delicious, melt in your mouth Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls.
If you have ever lived in or have visited St. Louis, you more than likely know what Imo’s Pizza is. St. Louis style pizza at it’s finest. I originally created this recipe in honor of National Pizza Month.
I wanted to share it again, since it’s such a fun, and uber delicious take on a Deluxe Imo’s Pizza. These Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls are easy and fast – dinner on the table in just about a half hour or so.
If you’ve ever had an Imo’s Deluxe Pizza (or any deluxe St. Louis style pizza) you will recognize the flavor in each bite!
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating National Pizza Day and bringing you 50+ of the best pizza recipes to fill your belly with pizza goodness of all kinds.
There are traditional pizzas to dessert pizzas and some pizza inspired sandwiches, salads and even a condiment! Be sure and check them out below (under the recipe)!
St. Louis has a deep food history, and pizza is a strong one. Our pizza’s are different than anywhere else. According to St. Louis (and wikipedia):
The definitive characteristics of a St. Louis-style pizza are a very thin crust made without yeast, the common (but not mandatory) use of Provel processed cheese, and pizzas cut into squares or rectangles instead of wedges.
Since thin crust was a must, I chose lasagna noodles for this recipe rather than looking for another type of noodle that might add too much weight. The lasagna noodle holds everything together and makes this dish incredibly easy to serve.
I used Provel cheese because it’s a St. Louis staple sold at every store around here, but you can substitute with a combination of shredded provolone, shredded swiss and shredded white cheddar.
That’s pretty much what Provel cheese consists of. And if you should not want to go to all that trouble, shredded Provolone cheese work’s just fine on it’s own and it’s just as good. (Yes we tested all three ways just to be sure).
Check out all these fantastic Pizza Inspired recipes!
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza by Monica’s Table
- Cool Veggie and Ranch Pizza Appetizer by Positively Stacey
- Pepperoni Cheese Pizza Sliders by Family Around the Table
- Pizza Beef Wontons by Asian in America
- Pizza Potato Skins by Casa de Crews
- Cinnamon Roll Pizza by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Home Canned Pizza Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Caramel Apple Dessert Pizza by The Foodie Affair
- Cheesecake Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Macaroon Pizza by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Fruit Pizza by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bacon Jam, Pear and Butternut Squash Pizza by Caroline’s Cooking
- Bagel Pizzas by And She Cooks
- BBQ Bacon Mango Pizza by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Candy Corn Pizza by Palatable Pastime
- Chicago Deep Dish Pizza by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Chicken Pesto Calzone by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Chicken Pot Pie French Bread Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Chicken Vegetable Pizza (Low-Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Copycat UNO’s Pizza by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Deep Dish Fondue Pizza by Momma’s Meals
- Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls by Crazed Mom
- Easy French Bread Pizza by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Everything Pizza Tartin by Sunday Supper Movement
- Fall Veggie Pizza by The Culinary Compass
- Gluten Free Curried Pumpkin Chicken Pizza by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Grilled Pepperoni and Sausage Pizza Wraps by Food Lust People Love
- Hawaiian Pizza Salad by Cricket’s Confections
- Homemade Pan Pizza by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lahmacun (Turkish Pizza) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Lunchtime Pizza Muffins by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Meatball Sub Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Mexican Pizza by Moore or Less Cooking
- Mexican-Style Corn Tortilla Pizzas by Home Sweet Homestead
- Mom’s Family Style Cavatini by Powered by BLING
- Onion Tart by Wholistic Woman
- Philly Cheesesteak Flatbread Pizza by Family Foodie
- Pizza Grilled Cheese by Eat, Drink and Be Tracy
- Pizza Pot Pies by Brunch-n-Bites
- Pizza Steak Hoagie by The Freshman Cook
- Pizza Toscana by Cooking with Carlee
- Roasted Garlic and Spinach Pizza with Balsamic Onions by Helpful Homemade
- Rustic Bacon & Citrus Pizza by Gourmet Everyday
- Sausage and Peppers Pizza by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sausage Arugula Pizza by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Bacon Grilled Pizza by Our Good Life
- Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pizza Bread by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza by The Crumby Cupcake
- Taco Dip Pizza by Hardly a Goddess
- Tandoori Chicken Pizza with Fresh Basil and Mozzarella by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- The Mac Pizza by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Vegan Margherita Pizza by Simple and Savory
Ready to make some Deluxe Imo’s Pizza Lasagna Rolls?
Deluxe Imos Pizza Lasagna Rolls
- 12-16 cooked lasagna noodles cooled
- 1 lb Italian Sausage cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups Provel© Cheese please see post for alternative cheese or just use provolone
- 3/4 cup of mushrooms chopped and sauteed
- 1/2 cup onion chopped and sauteed
- 1 cup Green Pepper chopped and sauteed
- More pizza sauce and cheese for baking:
- 2 1/2 cups pizza sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Provel© Cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
Prepare all cooked ingredients ahead of time.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Pour 1 cup of pizza sauce into a 13x9 dish.
In a small bowl, combine 1 cup of pizza sauce with 1/2 teaspoon of dried Oregano.
On a large surface, spoon Oregano pizza sauce on each noodle on one side (see photo).
At one end of the lasagna noodle, spoon bacon and italian sausage. On top of that, spoon onion, green pepper and mushrooms. Top with Shredded Provel cheese (or Provolone). Start at that end, roll lasagna noodle (see photo).
Do this for each lasagna noodle, placing it in the 13x9 dish on top of the pizza sauce you put in it.
Don't be afraid to crowd them. You usually can fit 12-16 in one dish. Once all the noodles are rolled, top the entire dish with any remaining pizza sauce, provel cheese and even extra inside ingredients. Sprinkle oregano over the top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.