Mediterranean Turkey Salad Sandwich
This Mediterranean Turkey Salad Sandwich is fantastic for using up leftover turkey or chicken and this sandwich is flavorful and filling!
Full of plenty of delicious vegetables and turkey, this savory salad can be used in many ways.
It’s holiday time and no matter how hard we try to pretend it’s not happening… it totally is. With the holidays comes parties, gatherings and other events and maybe you’re even the hostess.
One of the main components of any good party is FOOD.
For me, as a food blogger, it’s usually the primary focus.
This is one of my favorite go-to recipes for any holiday party or event.Often we top crackers with it, or even crostini and serve as an appetizer. It’s got a wonderful Mediterranean flavor make up and can be made with Turkey (as we did), Chicken, Tuna or Salmon. All taste amazing.
If you want to serve several varieties to your guests, you have a whole bunch to choose from while still only buying a few ingredients.
It is a fantastic holiday recipe since Turkey is in abundance at this time of year, and it works GREAT with leftover turkey.
I used Mezzetta products to take this to the next level, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
The best part of this Mediterranean Turkey Salad is using up leftover Turkey while creating a unique and mouth watering flavor that is over the top delicious.
The wonderful Mediterranean flavors for this recipe comes from the delicious Kalamata Olives, Spanish Queen Olives, Roasted Bell Peppers and Mild Pepper Rings (because we like to add a little spice and it’s the perfect amount).
We love garlic so we used a garlic mayonnaise we found and tossed in a smidge more garlic.
But that’s the beauty of a recipe like this, because if you love something, add more of it. If you don’t love something, use less.
Whatever you decide to do it’s amazing!
We made a huge batch for a party we had two weekends ago. We were lucky enough to wind up with just enough extra for sandwiches the next day.
We chose a Garlic and Herb Ciabatta roll to serve on, and omg! Just incredible.
I am so glad we had the small amount of leftovers because it added to this wonderful recipe. This past weekend, we enjoyed holiday time with family and we each had to bring a dish.
I layered this wonderful Mediterranean Turkey Salad on sliced pieces of the Ciabatta buns like you would with Crostini.
It was a fabulous appetizer and they were gobbled up SO fast with several requests for me to bring it again at Christmas.
Are you ready to whip up a batch of this super easy, flavorful Mediterranean Turkey Salad?
This is such an easy recipe, make up some and enjoy on crostini, crackers, sandwiches, in wraps and more! Or just eat it alone. You’ll thank me later.
Are you looking for a few more ways to use up some leftovers?
Recipe for Mediterranean Turkey Salad
Mediterranean Turkey Salad Sandwich
- 2 cups shredded or chopped turkey or chicken, tuna or salmon
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1-2 stalks celery chopped
- ¼ cup chopped Mezzetta Roasted Red Pepper
- ¼ cup sliced Mezzetta Pitted Greek Kalamata Olives
- ¼ cup sliced Mezzetta Spanish Queen Olives
- ¼ cup chopped Mezzetta Mild Pepper Rings if desired for spice
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt and/or pepper
- With your fingers or a fork, shred the turkey or chop into bite-sized chunks and set aside.
- Chop and slice all the veggies and olives and throw them into the bowl with the chicken.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt/pepper and minced garlic.
- Gently fold the mayonnaise mixture into the chopped and sliced veggies.
- Chill for at least 4 hours, though the longer the more the flavors all seem to marry together, so overnight is ideal.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with sliced tomatoes or with sandwich rolls, tortillas or artisan buns.
That sandwich looks amazing. The colors of the peppers and olives really pop and they add such robust flavors. I’m an olive (and pepper) fanatic!
Great recipe! I can see this working well with leftover chicken, too.