These one of a kind Dr Pepper Saucy Chicken Sliders are covered in a deliciously sweet & savory Dr. Pepper Sauce that is to die for. An easy slider for any event!
With 5 teenagers, a handful of boys in and out of the house, you know there is some serious homegating going on right now.
College Football season has arrived and with it, has brought hungry boys, football enthusiasm and a one of a kind recipe that was a huge hit with them!
What teenager boy doesn’t love sliders?
Really, just about any kind of slider.
But these sliders are special and are definitely one of a kind.
We are in prep mode for the big college game and with that comes loads of fun teenage boy friendly appetizers and snack foods.
They are also a big hit with their girlfriends and the parents, and after the first game, we realized we needed to make these in great big batches because they go fast.
I decided to use Dr Pepper on a whim one day just because it sounded good, I was drinking one and I suspected it would give them a unique “secret ingredient” flavor that would make them special and unique.
As I mentioned, one of a kind.
I was right, and it was so worth it. The flavor is just slightly sweet and smoky and would go well with chicken, pork or beef.
I headed out to my local Kroger and grabbed a 12-pack of Dr Pepper and a 12-pack of Diet Dr Pepper and well, I grabbed a 12 pack of Dr Pepper Ten as well, because well, I need to drink something while I’m cooking and I love Dr Pepper – any flavor!
Once we got home with the Dr Pepper we set to work preparing several dozen sliders to feed our hungry crowd.
But first, I poured myself a nice cold one.
Then we simply got to work making these delicious sliders.
They are SUPER easy, require a pan and a bowl and that’s it.
The Dr Pepper really adds something special to the recipe and you can even precook the chicken in another batch of the sauce in a crockpot ahead of time to add even MORE flavor.
We do that when we have a lot to make!
Ready for the recipe? Their the perfect homegating/tailgating sliders and I promise they’ll go fast!
Let’s make Dr Pepper Saucy Chicken Sliders!
So tell me, what’s your favorite recipe for tailgating or homegating?
Delicious sliders recipes:
- White Castle Cheeseburger Sliders
- Bold and Spicy BBQ Chicken Mignon Sliders
- Easy Italian Oven Baked Sliders
- Classic Shrimp Roll Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Grilled Bacon and Onion Ribeye Steak Sliders with Beer Cheese
- Buffalo Boneless Hot Wing Sliders
- Saucy Ham and Cheese Breakfast Sliders
- Portuguese Style Spicy Chorizo Sliders
Dr Pepper Saucy Chicken Sliders
For the sliders:
- 24 Hawaiian rolls
- 3-4 cups of shredded cooked chicken
- 24 slices of cheese if desired
For the sauce:
- 1 cup of Dr Pepper any variety
- 4 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 4 Tablespoons of melted butter
- 1 Tablespoons of garlic powder
- ¼ cup of grilled onions chopped
- 3 teaspoons of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons of poppyseeds
- Preheat oven to 350?F.
- Slice the Hawaiian rolls in half and place the bottom halves in the bottom of a baking pan. 12 in each pan.
- Sprinkle shredded chicken on each slider, add a slice of cheese if desired.
- Return the top bun to each slider.
- Repeat with all the remaining sliders.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Dr Pepper, dijon mustard, melted butter, garlic powder, chopped grilled onions, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Drizzle the sauce over the tops of the slider buns slowly trying to get each slider covered a bit.
- Sprinkle the tops of the sliders generously with poppy seeds.
- Cover your pan loosely with tin foil and bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove the tin foil about 8+ minutes in.
- Serve hot!