Creamy, savory Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish to a BBQ, potluck, cooking for a crowd or any meal! Easy AND Delicious!
Who’s ready for a picnic?
We love picnics here at our house, especially on a Fall afternoon.
But it’s summer now, and for some reason that screams salads of any kind to me, and I love a good pasta salad.
For me the pasta salad has to have my favorite things and this Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad definitely has many of my favorite things and then some.
And it can be changed up to fit what you want in your pasta salad. Don’t be afraid!
And, I love picnic food! I guess because often ours consists of small bites, and I adore small bites.
Who doesn’t adore small bites?
This week we are celebrating picnic foods and that’s a favorite theme for me!
We’ve already had a couple of picnics this year and plan to have a few more before Fall.
In the Fall is when we have the most because I tend to want to be outside all.the.time.
Right now it’s so hot it’s hard to imagine spending very long out there, but if I’m going to be, I’m taking a cold pasta salad with me!
More Delicious Pasta Salad Recipes
Do you love pasta salad as much as we do? We eat it as a side dish, yes, but we will also make it for lunch, dinner, snacks or just because!If you love pasta salad just as much, we also have this Creamy Bacon and Avocado Pasta Salad, Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad, Grilled Duck Breast Pasta Salad and Retro Cold Pasta Salad which is a Suddenly Salad Copy Cat Recipe.
Are you ready to make your own Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad?
I know I am! Let’s get started!
Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad
- 1 1 pounds box Large Shell pasta or pasta of choice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 2 avocados sliced
- ½ cup onion chopped
- ¼ cup green onions chopped
- ¼ cup celery diced
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, garlic powder and salt.
- When pasta is cool, toss the pasta and remaining ingredients into the bowl with the pasta sauce.
- Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.