Creamy, savory Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad is the perfect side dish to a BBQ, potluck, cooking for a crowd or any meal! Easy AND Delicious!
Who’s ready for a picnic? We love picnics here at our house, especially on a Fall afternoon. But it’s summer now, and for some reason that screams salads of any kind to me, and I love a good pasta salad.
For me the pasta salad has to have my favorite things and this Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad definitely has many of my favorite things and then some. And it can be changed up to fit what you want in your pasta salad. Don’t be afraid!
And, I love picnic food! I guess because often ours consists of small bites, and I adore small bites. Who doesn’t adore small bites?
This week we are celebrating picnic foods and that’s a favorite theme for me! We’ve already had a couple of picnics this year and plan to have a few more before Fall.
In the Fall is when we have the most because I tend to want to be outside all.the.time. Right now it’s so hot it’s hard to imagine spending very long out there, but if I’m going to be, I’m taking a cold pasta salad with me!
Best Picnic Recipes to Enjoy at the Park
Starters, Skewers, and Sandwiches al Fresco
- Antipasto Skewers by Soulfully Made
- Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Italian Layered Portable Picnic Jars by The Weekend Gourmet
- Low Carb Ham Pinwheels by Cricket’s Confections
- Patatas Brava Chorizo Sausage Rolls by Food Lust People Love
- Refrigerator Pickled Ratatouille Vegetables by My Life Cookbook
- Tuna Salad Lettuce Wraps by The Crumby Kitchen
Stow-and-Go Sides and Salads
- Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- BBQ Ranch Pasta Salad by Cooking With Carlee
- Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Jalapeno Popper Macaroni Salad by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Marinated Zucchini and Summer Squash by Caroline’s Cooking
- Old Fashioned Potato Salad by Life Tastes Good
- Southern Cornbread Salad by Gourmet Everyday
- Summer Quinoa Salad by Simple and Savory
- Watermelon and Avocado Salad by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Whole30 Cauliflower Potato Salad by Bites of Wellness
Drinks and Desserts for Outdoor Dining
- Cantaloupe Mint Lemonade by Palatable Pastime
- Cherry Poke Cake by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Caramel Layer Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Cherry No Bake Bars by The Freshman Cook
- Rice Krispie Sushi by NinjaBaker.com
Are you ready to make your own Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad?
I know I am!
Avocado Bacon Loaded Pasta Salad
- 1 1 lb. box Large Shell pasta, or pasta of choice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, dijon mustard, garlic powder and salt.
- When pasta is cool, toss the pasta and remaining ingredients into the bowl with the pasta sauce.
- Allow to chill for at least 1 hour.