It’s tailgating time and I am definitely excited! I love tailgating time because I am a foodie and it means great food. And college football. I mean what else could be better? We love this Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad for just about any event but most especially tailgating.
It’s easy to make ahead, take with you and it can be served hot or cold. We prefer it cold, but it’s pretty great warm too.
This week is all about football food and guess what? That’s my favorite kind of sport. EATING… no, silly! Not Football!
I love sports about as much as I enjoy cleaning my house. Not at all. haha
But I do love the fun foods that go along with this fun sport and am happy to celebrate today with this awesome Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad and I can assure you it’s a huge hit.
Add more sauce for a spicier pasta, but overall you get a nice, creamy, slightly spicy buffalo chicken pasta and it’s served cold, but could be served warm if you wanted. Versatality!
But let’s get back to the Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
This great tailgating recipe, is a tangy, spicy pasta salad that is perfect for the big game or any other event.
It goes fast, make extra! You can adjust how spicy you want it by adding more or less Buffalo Wing Sauce.
In my book, that makes it perfect!
More Football Gameday (or honestly, ANY day?!?!) Recipes
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
Recipe for Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
Tailgating Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad
- 1 pound 8 ounces of pasta any type
- 2 1/2 cups grilled chicken breast chopped
- 1 cup of celery chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3/4 cup blue cheese dressing or ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup hot sauce use more if you like it really spicy!
- 1 1/2 cups blue cheese crumbled
- Boil a pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add the pasta and cook according to package directions. Drain the pasta, and rinse with cold water until pasta is cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the pasta, celery, onion, chicken, blue cheese dressing and hot sauce. Mix thoroughly.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Top the pasta with crumbled blue cheese. Serve cold.