This Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad is filled with creamy ranch, plenty of bacon and lots of cheese and makes a cool and delicious side dish to any BBQ meal!
We brought this recipe to celebrate BBQ Week! Be sure and follow the hashtag #BBQWeek on social media to find all kinds of fantastic recipes.
Why is this the best Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad?
- Easy, literally super easy and easy to source ingredients! Can’t get better than that!
- Great base recipe! Add peas, carrots, black olives, whatever it is you wish to add to make this classic bacon ranch pasta salad, all yours.
- Perfect for BBQ’s! Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad, is literally once of those staples that should be served at any barbecue!
- Can be made ahead of time! Up to 24 hours in advance and refrigerated!
- Easy to double, triple or make however much you need for your family or for your party!
We just love this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad so much.
Where to serve this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad?
- Pool Parties
- Dinner Parties
- Backyard Parties
- and SO MUCH MORE!
It’s a favorite because it can be made up a day ahead and so easily be double and even tripled. Score!
One of the things I love about pasta salad is that you truly can make it your own.
But especially with a recipe like this.
Can I add ingredients to this pasta salad?
A few things that go extra well in this pasta salad are:
- sliced cherry tomatoes
- chopped broccoli
- shredded cheeses
- sliced black olives
- chopped onions for extra flavor
- shredded chicken
The additions are pretty much limited to only your imagination.
Everything goes better with Ranch and/or bacon as they say.
Can I make this Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad ahead of time?
Yes! We often make our pasta salad the day before. I wouldn’t recommend making it anymore than 24 hours in advance.
If the pasta salad seems a little dry the next day, mix up a little more of the ranch and add it right in just before serving!
Here are some more of the Best BBQ Recipes to enjoy! You will find something to serve no matter what style party you are having. We have everything covered, from Appetizers and Drinks to Side Dishes and Main Dishes!
Wednesday #BBQWeek Recipes
BBQ Appetizers and Drinks
BBQ Side Dishes
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Corn
- Cowboy Beans
- Creamy Coleslaw Recipe
- Grilled French Fries
- Slow Cooker Baked Beans
- Slow Cooker BBQ Green Beans with Bacon
- Sweet and Spicy BBQ Chicken Macaroni Salad
BBQ Main Dishes
- Bacon and Cheddar Smash Burgers
- Easy Smoked Ribs
- Greek Chicken Pita Sandwich
- The Best Grilled BBQ Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Banana Bread with Vanilla Ice Cream and Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Magic Chocolate Walnut Fudge
- Old Fashioned Whoopie Pies
Are you ready to make up some Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad?
You will not be sorry you tried this recipe! If you do try it, please leave us a rating below, and comment. Tell us how you liked it or what you added to it to make it your own!
Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces Ziti Pasta cooked, cooled and drained
- 16 ounces bacon cooked, cooled and drained
- 2 ounces Ranch Seasoning Mix
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise we love Hellman’s and Dukes the best
- ¼ cup milk see recipe instructions*
- ¼ teaspoons garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoons pepper
- 4 tablespoons green onion chopped
- ¾ cup black olives sliced
- 1 cup mild cheddar cheese shredded
- Boil your pasta, drain and allow to cool. (run cold water over it too cool faster).
- Cook bacon, drain and chop into bite size pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the ranch dressing mix, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise and combine.
- Add the milk and stir until smooth. (adjust milk by tablespoon, stirring well after each addition, until you reach the consistency you desire)
- In a large serving bowl, add the Ziti, bacon, black olives, green onions, cheese and anything else you’d like. Toss together.
- Add the Ranch mixture and gently stir to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. For best results, make this ahead and allow at least 2-3 hours to chill but overnight is SO much better.
- When you serve, you might wish to add another tablespoon or two of milk to get the salad a nice creamy consistency again. Enjoy!