An easy to make, full of flavor dressing for your salads, vegetables or more. We love this Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing and hope you will too!
This post is actually a part of an old event I participated in, which is now defunct.
Looking back, it really seems like no time has passed at all. And yet it’s been two years.
We’re celebrating our events 2nd Birthday this month.
While I’ve been around since the start, I did not participate in the first couple, my first Supper event was actually February 11, 2012 with these delicious Pink Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Champagne Frosting.
It was a Romance Dinner theme and those cupcakes have been popular on my blog ever since!
Over the past two years I have participated in so many themes, met so many amazing friends.
Today’s theme is about memories.
Our favorite memory from our groups past. This was so much harder to do than you think.
I remember when we started sharing the links we share them now, I remember creating the facebook page, I remember moving to the forums, I remember the most hilarious conversations every Sunday night on social meda.
But the thing is, there is one thing that stands out in my mind. It happened this year. I’m sure for many it will be their favorite memory.
It was truly amazing meeting so many fabulous gals (and guys).
The memories made that weekend still live in my heart and make me smile on a fairly regular basis.
I remember arriving at Rosen, where the event was held and I was just completely overwhelmed by it’s size, beauty and the fact that it was finally here and happening.
Later when I finally had the chance to meet these wonderful group ladies in person, it was surreal.
Standing in a hallway by the registration table, all these friendly faces kept appearing and I recognized them.
Truly knew who they were from seeing their profile pictures on FB, twitter and in the forums!
It was very, very cool.
The friendships that were made that weekend as we learned how to grow our blogs, networked with other food bloggers and ate great food, socialized and listened to wonderful sessions, memories were made.
And by far, until the Summer of 2014 when I will once again be traveling to Orlando, Florida, this time with my son and daughter in tow, I can say with certainty that the the 2013 Conference was my favorite memory in our group, thus far.
Also, I brought some Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing today.
Because you know an event post would not be complete without a recipe.
And this one is good. And very easy.
And delicious and quite frankly goes really good over a spinach salad. Just saying.
Don’t forget to check out all the fantastic recipes coming at you today!
Plenty of awesome food and we are all celebrating our favorite memories our group has shared! Please join us!
Brilliant Breads and Breakfast Fare:
- Brioche aux Pépites de Chocolat from Food Lust People Love
- Poached Pear Bread from Hip Foodie Mom
- Blood Orange Gin Fizz from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Blue Cheese Walnut Tarts from Magnolia Days
- Cheesy Twists from What Smells So Good?
- Creamy, Tangy Bacon Salad Dressing from Daily Dish Recipes
- Day at the Beach Healthy Tuna Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- Low Carb Spicy Chunky Vegetable Beef Chili from Yours and Mine Are Ours
- Quinoa and Buffalo Chicken Salad from In the Kitchen with KP
- Curried Chicken from The Foodie Patootie
- Imagination Stew from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Spicy Shrimp Tempura Rolls from kimchi MOM
- Spinach Proscuitto Macaroni and Cheese with Walnut Topping from Noshing with the Nolands
- Banana Pudding Parfaits from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Birthday Cake Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Caramel Peanut Butter and Jelly Bars from Pies and Pots
- Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana Pops from Helpful Homemade
- Gluten-Free Vegan Coconut Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Happy Birthday Cake Batter Truffles from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Kahlua Toffee Ice Cream Cake from Webicurean
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- S’mores Snack Cake from Alida’s Kitchen
Recipe for Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing
Creamy Bacon Salad Dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 7 cooked bacon strips drained and finely crumbled
- 4 tablespoons green onion finely chopped
- In a blender, blend the mayo, vinegar, light corn syrup, salt and pepper until smooth. Add the green onion and bacon.
- Pour into a mason jar(s) and refrigerate the dressing for at least 2 hours. The longer you wait, the more the flavors combine. Serve over spinach or a salad.