Simple Savory, Spicy Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip. A great appetizer, snack or even a meal!
When I heard today’s theme was Tapas I was so excited.
Who doesn’t love bite size goodness that just pairs perfectly with a cocktail, glass of wine or with anything really.
I love the appetizer, small bite appeal of a Tapas recipe.
These fun Spicy Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip are perfect for any get together, they fry up nice and crispy on the outside and soft and cheesy on the inside with a tangy flavor brought on from the ranch.
I fry them in peanut oil, just to be a tad healthier with the whole ‘fried foods’ thing. But honestly, you can use whatever oil you have.
They serve beautifully with this delicious spicy ranch dip and are a huge hit.
Put a platter of these gems on any table, with some toothpicks and watch how fast they disappear. Spicy Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip really are so easy and so delicious.
I cannot get over all the amazing recipes in today’s lineup of Tapas goodness. After you’ve checked out the Spicy Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip, be sure and scroll down to check out what everyone else brought to our Tapas party!
A Table Full of Tapas:
Giardiniera Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
Agave Truffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc
Pear, Brie, and Honey Crostini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Clams in Green Sauce (Almejas en Salsa Verde) from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
Roasted Tomato-Basil Flatbread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
Herb and Citrus Marinated Olives from Magnolia Days
Squid in Garlic Chili Olive Oil from Food Lust People Love
Low-Carb Salmon Croquettes from Yours And Mine Are Ours
Bruschetta Topping from What Smells So Good?
Artichoke Heart and Manchego Spread on Fried Garlic Bread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
Tortillita de Camarones from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Tortillas De Papa y Atun (Tuna and Potatoes Tortilla) from Basic N Delicious
Chorizo Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon from I Run For Wine
Manchego-Stuffed Spanish Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
Blueberry and Lemon Yogurt Quesada from In The Kitchen With KP
Roasted Bone Marrow with Citrus Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
Be sure to come back this Sunday to get the links to the recipes you’re looking forward to trying the most!
What are your favorite Tapas?
Have you ever been to a Tapas Bar…or better yet, eaten Tapas in Spain!?
We’d love to hear about your experiences and favorite Tapas recipes.
Recipe for Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip
Cheesy Tortellini Tapas with Spicy Ranch Dip
- 1 9- ounce package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 cups of Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing divided*
- 1 Tablespoon of cracked black pepper divided*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dry breadcrumbs I used Garlic Herb Bread Crumbs from Progresso but any flavor or type will do.
- ¾ cup buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups peanut oil for frying
- Prepare tortellini according to package directions.
- Drain and allow the tortellini to cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 1 cup of ranch dressing with the 2 eggs and 3 teaspoons of cracked black pepper. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the tortellini and allow to soak in the dressing for 10 minutes or so.
- Drain the excess dressing and dredge the pieces of tortellini in the breadcrumbs.
- Place the coated tortellini on a large covered or greased baking pan.
- Put the pan in the refrigerator and allow them to chill for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the rest of the ranch dressing, buffalo wing sauce, 3 teaspoons of cracked black pepper and the cilantro together and chill for 1 hour.
- Pour the peanut oil into a pan on the stove or a dutch oven. Heat to 375 degrees. Fry the tortellini in small batches until it is golden. Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve with the awesome chilled dip.