‘Tis the season to be jolly and to sip this wonderfully warm Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte!
It’s the time of year for baking cookies, beautiful decorations, twinkling lights and melodic Christmas music blaring from every station possible.
It’s a busy time of year too, the holiday hustle and bustle is exhausting and I feel like some days I am running on empty.
I don’t know about you, but I could use a time out with a cup of coffee, a quick weeknight meal idea and just some extra hours in the day to get everything done.
To slow myself down during this busy time, I love to take a break and enjoy a nice cup of hot coffee.
Flavored coffee is my favorite. The idea for this Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte, started with a chocolate covered gingerbread man, that strangely tasted of coffee.
Maybe that’s because I dipped him in my cup of coffee and then I got to thinking about how wonderful the rich flavor of chocolate and the spicy flavor of gingerbread would coexist harmoniously in a hot cup (or iced if you prefer) of coffee.
I decided to start with a bag of Gevalia Chocolate Mocha, because on it’s own, I love it’s smooth and rich flavor.
Then I took a syrup from another drink we make and created this wonderfully festive, totally holiday beverage that reminds me of all the things I love about Christmas.
It erases the rush and stress. It affords me time to slow down and just be. I love that.
Will you be trying this super easy Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte?
Look at more of the BEST Gingerbread Recipes
How do you make a Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte?
Gingerbread Chocolate Mocha Latte
- 6 cups freshly brewed Gevalia Chocolate Mocha coffee
- ¼ cup of molasses
- 1 Tablespoons of Splenda brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup fat free half and half
- 1 ½ cups whipped cream optional for topping
- Cinnamon for sprinkling on top
- In a small bowl, mix together the molasses, splenda brown sugar, ginger, cloves and cinnamon until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- To put it all together, 1 cup of Gevalia Chocolate Mocha freshly brewed coffee to 3-4 Tablespoon of mixture. Stir until dissolved.
- Add a few tablespoons of fat free half and half.
- Garnish with whipped cream and a light dusting of cinnamon.