These Pina Colada Cupcakes turn a classic favorite tropical cocktail into a fun and festive dessert that just screams summer! Pineapple cake, Rum flavored frosting and plenty of coconut. YUM!
It’s Day 2 of BBQWeek and yesterday brought a whole bunch of fantastic recipes to serve at your next barbecue.
Today we are back to bring you a few more.
If you want to follow along, follow the hashtag #BBQWeek on any social media and you are sure to find dozens of fantastic recipes to incorporate into your next backyard BBQ.
Today I have brought you these incredibly delicious and very easy Pina Colada Cupcakes.
Because I wanted to make a recipe that was simple and easy, I used a doctored up pineapple cake box mix.
If you have a great recipe for pineapple cake that you’d rather use, go ahead.
I just wanted to make it simple, since these are geared for a BBQ event.
In case you missed my recipe yesterday, I shared the Best Grilled BBQ Pork Ribs.
They are incredible and are the perfect main dish for any BBQ.
Want a few more BBQ recipes?
Be sure to scroll down and check out today’s BBQ Week recipes, and follow along all week for MANY more!
Tuesday #BBQWeek Recipes
Who’s ready to make some Pina Colada Cupcakes?
Recipe for Easy Pina Colada Cupcakes
Easy Pina Colada Cupcakes
For the Cupcakes:
- 1 box pineapple cake mix
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 16-ounce package powdered confectioners sugar
- 3 tablespoons rum
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- maraschino cherries pineapple slices for garnish, if desired
- We used this pineapple cake mix. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and oil. Mix according to package directions (30 seconds on low – 2 minutes on medium).
- Place cupcake wrappers in muffin tin. Fill each cupcake wrapper about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into a cupcake, comes out clean. Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Add the rum, rum extract and milk and blend well. Add powdered sugar, a little at a time, beating well in between each addition until all powdered sugar is incorporated.
- Once cupcakes are cool, spread or pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Top each frosted cupcake with shredded coconut and garnish with a pineapple slice and maraschino cherry.
- Serve and Enjoy. Can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.