These tasty, Pecan Pie Cookies are great for the holidays or an easy, elegant dessert. They look especially beautiful drizzled in chocolate nestled among Christmas Cookies.
I received product samples from Millican Pecan Company to aid in the creation of this #ChristmasCookies recipe. All opinions are mine alone.
It’s the final day of Christmas Cookies week, but don’t worry – it’s definitely not the last day of Christmas Cookies here at Daily Dish Recipes.
No way, no how. We love cookies!
We still have plenty that will be shared in the coming weeks or that you can find in the archives.
And dozens more!
If you’d like to see the great recipes shared over the last 5 days, simply follow #christmascookies on social media.
You are sure to find something that will become a new favorite!
I brought these Pecan Pie Cookies to the proverbial Christmas table today.
They are perfect for a cookie exchange party or simply just to have out on a cookie platter.
They taste just like a pecan pie, but in a bite size snack. However, I will warn you, it will be hard to eat just one.
They are SO good!
They are also super easy to make and if you want to, you can make smaller circles and make more cookies that way.
These Pecan Pie cookies store for about 5 days in an airtight container.
Thank you to Ellen of Family Around the Table and Christie from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures for hosting #ChristmasCookies Week!
Check out today’s cookie recipes:
Brown Butter Thumbprint Cookies
Buttered Pecan Shortbread Cookies
Cherry Pecan Shortbread Rounds
Christmas Crinkle Cookies
Christmas Pecan Bar Cookies
Cinnamon Roll Blondies
Easy Italian Pizzelles
Kahlua Hot Chocolate Cookies
Are you ready to make Pecan Pie Cookies?
Recipe for Pecan Pie Cookies
Pecan Pie Cookies
- 9 ” pie crust dough homemade or store-bought, rolled to ¼″ thickness
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ¾ cup Millican Pecan Company pecans chopped
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 large eggs
- pinch of salt
- ¼ cup dark or milk baking chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a saucepan, over low-medium heat, melt butter. Immediately add chopped pecans, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, salt and eggs. Stir often while simmering for about 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Roll your dough to ¼" thickness and grab a 3" circle cutter (according to amazon I purchased mine back on Feb 11, 2012 and I use them ALL the time!).
- Cut 16 circles out of the dough. That’s exactly how many I got by re-rolling the dough. If you have more, go ahead and make another. If you have less, that’s okay too.
- Lay your circles out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet.
- Roll the edges of the dough just the smallest amount to form a very low edge, like a tiny tart.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the pecan pie mixture into each of the 16 circles.
- Place in the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are golden and the pecan pie mixture is set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet.
- Microwave the baking chocolate and drizzle chocolate over the cookies.
- Remove to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- They store for about 5 days in an airtight container.