Happy 4th of July! Just kidding, well, I mean I’m not! It is the 3rd, tomorrow is the 4th, so happy PRE 4th of July! These Patriotic Smoothie Popsicles are the perfect ending to a fun, festive patriotic day. In fact, they go really well with some fireworks. 😉
Today’s Sunday Supper event is full of red, white and blue spirit! The Sunday Supper Tastemakers have brought you a whole list of Easy to Make 4th of July Recipes. I brought some awesome Patriotic Smoothie Popsicles.
It’s a scorcher out there. In fact, today, the day I chose to make these, it’s a whopping 101 degrees! The feels like is 107 degrees and trust me, it feels like it.
We love making smoothies on hot days. They are a great way to cool down. But sometimes it’s fun to change up your smoothie a little. You know, make it a little more festive… or in this case, patriotic. Especially if you wind up making too much and want something to do with the leftovers.
I chose this design because I had seen some on Pinterest awhile back and always told myself I’d do the flag design someday.
Unfortunately, it was SO hot that once I unmolded these Patriotic Smoothie Popsicles, they began running together rather quickly. I don’t really care though, because they were absolutely amazing and the perfect thing to cool down on a hot day! We made up another batch that is waiting for tomorrow. We will enjoy them while watching fireworks!
I love that they are made of leftover smoothie, so they aren’t loaded with sugar (unless you load your smoothies with sugar, which I don’t.) and are definiely a healthier option.
These Patriotic Smoothie Popsicles are truly simple, require only a handful of ingredients, and are so much fun. My kids loved them including the teenagers, and they don’t think anything is all that special anymore. I’m usally getting the eye roll when I make one of the littles something fun. But these were a hit, and I’m celebrating that!
It is not too late to make these babies for tomorrow. My blueberry layer seemed to have not been frozen well enough (I did 2 hours), but I recommend 3 in my directions below.
I actually like how the trails of color look, but my second batch of these looked much better. So you do what you’re happy with. They taste amazing anyway!
Don’t forget to check out the lineup of other amazing Patriotic Recipes!
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Daily Dish Recipes
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Ready to make your own Patriotic Smoothie Popsicles?
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.