Boston Cream Pie Waffles, Luscious, silky pastry cream sandwiched between two vanilla Belgian Waffles covered with a rich, smooth chocolate ganache. They are more dessert than breakfast, but … who cares? It’s our little secret. Go ahead!
Welcome to this week’s SundaySupper. The Sunday Supper Tastemakers have brought you a slew of wonderful Waffle Recipes. I brought these simply sinful Boston Cream Pie Waffles.
These were born from my love for Boston Cream Pie. I’m pretty sure that Boston Cream Pie must’ve been my dad’s favorite dessert. I could be wrong, maybe there was something else, but I remember getting Boston Cream Pie a lot as a kid. It quickly became one of my favorites too, and my family can attest to that fact since I either buy one or make one at least once a month. Yes, I might have a problem.
I can eat a huge slice for breakfast with my coffee. And not feel terribly bad about it. It’s a bit of an obsession.
So … why not make some Boston Cream Pie Waffles? Right?
Ready to make your own Boston Cream Pie Waffles?
Boston Cream Pie Waffles #SundaySupper
- Belgian Waffles 2 per person, homemade or storebought
For the Pastry Cream:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups light cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon rum
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- For Chocolate Ganache:
- 9 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
For the Pastry Cream:
In a saucepan, bring the butter, milk and light cream to a boil.
In another bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch and eggs in a bowl and whisk until ribbons form.
Once your butter, milk and cream boil, whisk in the egg mixture and bring to a boil again. Allow to cook for 1 minute past boiling.
Pour into a bowl and cover the surface with plastic wrap.
Chill at least 2 hours but overnight is optimal. When you remove from fridge, whisk to smooth out and add the rum.
For the Chocolate Ganache:
Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Bring just to a boil, as it's starting to bubble, but not froth, pour the chopped chocolate in and then whisk until nice and smooth.
Remove from stove and allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes or until you see it thicken up a little.
To Create Waffles:
Start with two Belgian Waffles, and slather the pastry cream on one of them. I make sure to push it down into the crevices of each waffle crater and then slather even more on top. Put the other waffle on top. It's ok if some escapes.
Pour the chocolate ganache over the top of the waffles and allow to slowly start dripping down the sides.
Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make sure to check out these other AMAZING Waffle Recipes!
Sweet and Sinful:
- Banana Split Waffle Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Blueberry Buttermilk Waffles by Alida’s Kitchen
- Boston Cream Pie Waffles by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Cherry Beet Waffles by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Chip Waffle Ice Cream Sandwiches by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Pizelles – The Italian Waffle by GirlAbroad
- Churro Waffles by The Redhead Baker
- Coconut Waffles by Omnivore’s Cookbook
- Dark Chocolate Waffles with Cherry Syrup by The Chef Next Door
- Easy Peasy Blueberry Sauce for Waffles by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Fluffernutter Waffles by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Cream Waffles with Whiskey Strawberries by Tramplingrose
- Japanese Green Tea Matcha Cream Topped Vegan Waffles by NinjaBaker
- Maple Bacon Waffle Ice Cream Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Pineapple Upside Down Cake Waffles by Cookin’ Mimi
- Red, White and Blueberry Sourdough Waffles by Cooking With Carlee
- S’Mores Waffles by The Freshman Cook
- Spiced Banana Nut Waffles by Magnolia Days
- Strawberry Shortcake Waffles with Cinnamon Whipped Cream by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Waffle Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Waffle Kebobs with Maple Yogurt Dipping Sauce by A Mind Full Mom
- Yeasted Waffles with Peach Syrup by Pies and Plots
Savory Brinner Winners:
- Asiago Waffle Egg Sandwiches by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bacon Cheeseburger Waffles (Low Carb) by My Life Cookbook
- Bacon Waffles by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Biscuit Waffle Breakfast Stacks by The Weekend Gourmet
- Bleu Pig Potato Waffles by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Breakfast Poutine Waffles by She Loves Biscotti
- Cheesy Bacon Waffles with Spicy Ketchup by Momma’s Meals
- Cheesy Polenta Waffles by Cupcakes and Kale Chips
- Cheesy Spinach Waffles with Ham by Wholistic Woman
- Chicken & Waffles by Family Around the Table
- Corn Waffles Nachos-Style by Caroline’s Cooking
- Croque Monsieur Waffles by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Eggs Benedict Cauliflower Waffles by Life Tastes Good
- Korean Fried Chicken and Ramen Waffles by kimchi MOM
- Loaded Gluten Free Cornbread Waffles by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Luau Egg Benedict Waffle by Brunch-n-Bites
- Mexican Cornbread Waffles by Sunday Supper Movement
- Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich by Palatable Pastime
- Pulled Pork Waffle Tacos by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pumpkin Cornbread Waffles with BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Scallion Waffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Sweet and Spicy Pecan Shredded Beef Waffles by Family Foodie
- Waffled Falafel Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement