Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups
Looking for an easy dinner idea that tastes fantastic and that your whole family will love (pull the jalapenos for kiddos and those that don’t like them)? Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups are definitely the answer. They are incredible!
Dripping with melted cheese, crisp bacon and however much heat you want to pack into them with the Jalapenos, they are are a popular choice!
Bake in the oven or throw on the grill for an fun and easy weeknight dinner idea or serve to company at your next dinner party!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
What’s better than taking a meal from frozen to cooked in about a half hour? These Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups are made with frozen chicken breasts, bacon, jalapenos and lots and lots of cheese.
- Budget friendly and easy to source ingredients!
- Only five simple ingredients!
- A perfect quick dinner for busy weeknights!
- It’s ready in less than 45 minutes even if you didn’t thaw the chicken first!
- Full of amazing flavor and melted cheesy goodness!
What’s not to love? You have got to try these out for yourself!
What do you need to make Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups?
Whether you decide to grill them, bake them or even cook them on the stovetop or over a campfire, this recipe only calls for five ingredients!
- thin sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts – the thinner the better – it makes rolling these up super simple and might even cook quicker than the standard 45 minutes for this recipe.
- jalapenos – you can leave these out for the more picky eaters. If you choose to add them, remove the seeds for a little less spice or keep them in for a little extra heat!
- bacon – we usually use halved strips of bacon but you could also add the bacon crumbled, sliced or even whole.
- green onion – finely chopped – if you want to use a regular onion, we recommend option for a white onion for more flavor, but a yellow onion will totally work.
- cheese – your call! We love this recipe with colby jack, pepper jack or even a mozzarella or provolone! Do NOT skimp on the cheese!
How Do You Make Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups?
It’s pretty simple to put this meal together. This is a GREAT meal to make if you forgot to thaw the chicken.
Simply remove the chicken from the bag, and run it under cold water for about 5 minutes. Just until it’s pliable. So it’s easier to roll up.
Blot the chicken dry with a paper towel to remove any remaining moisture.
Lay them flat and begin by stacking the cheese slices on the chicken.
Sprinkle the green onions, jalapenos and then top with the bacon slice. Roll it all up and secure it with a wet toothpick or two so it doesn’t come apart while cooking.
Look how pretty this looks!
Little Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Up just chillin’ on the grill. You can see that melty cheese and my mouth is already watering.
Cook until a meat thermometer reads at least 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest part of the chicken. This baby was almost finished.
We make these so often, I usually have to pound my chicken down so much to even get it thin enough to roll it, but these Tyson Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts are the perfect solution!
It’s up to you if you want to use the Tyson Thin Sliced Chicken Breasts or make them thinner yourself.
You can serve them straight off the grill, add some dipping sauce or dress them up a bit and put them in a sandwich roll with more cheese, jalapenos and some condiments. So good!
A nice, easy, summer grilling recipe that is sure to be a hit and is so versatile!
If you’re looking for more fun roll up style recipes, try these Philly Cheesesteak Lasagna Roll ups or Pepperoni Pizza Roll Ups. Or try these delicious Apple Brie Roll Ups.
Want to roll up some dessert? Try these Pumpkin Pie Rolls Ups or these Nutella Crescent Rolls.
Ready to make some Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups?
Cheesy Jalapeno Bacon Chicken Roll Ups
- Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts 1 per person
- jalapenos chopped
- strips of bacon almost cooked (they will continue cooking on the grill)
- green onion diced (white chopped onion is delicious too!)
- 1-2 slices of cheese per person your choice
- Lay the chicken out on a flat surface, stack all the ingredients and roll up.
- Secure in place with a toothpick or two.
- Grill until chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F.
- Serve as is, on a bun or over pasta, rice or quinoa! Remove toothpicks before serving.
What would you make with the new Tyson® Individually Frozen Thin Sliced Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts?
This looks like a tasty meal. I love the combination of cheese and jalapeno and those chicken breasts sound great! [client]