Creamy pumpkin pudding pairs beautifully with chocolate pudding and fresh whipped cream for a delicious sweet fall treat! These Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits go fast, so make plenty!
I cannot believe that Halloween is only four days away, well, five if you count today. For me, it’s just another day. Another day to make these fabulous Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
It’s also another day where my doorbell will ring endlessly and I will be forced to get up countless times to answer the door.
I’ll throw candy into buckets and pillowcases and try desperately to figure out what some of the costumes are. I feel so old. When did this happen?
Actually, what will more than likely happen, is we will drag the firepit to the front, put it in the circle in front of our driveway.
Then we will all bundle up in sweat pants and hoodies and sit outside with hot chocolate and soup and anything else that can keep us warm.
We will hand out candy together and never have to move because they will come to us. We did that last year and it was perfection. But this year we will have these Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
I guzzle coffee. The teens guzzle hot chocolate and hot apple cider and we consume large quantities of chili and/or Chicken and Dumplings and the occasional piece of candy from the bowl. We make a special treat and it’s usually these Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
We stay warm because we are bundled up, and we usually have blankets and hats and mittens if it’s really cold and a nice hot fire. You know, it’s starting not to sound so bad. I think I’m looking forward to that.
In case you hadn’t noticed, my kids have all “outgrown” Halloween. My youngest is 14 and my oldest two are 19 with the other two falling in the middle there. Nobody really cares about it anymore.
In fact they don’t even go crazy for the candy anymore. So our treats are a bit more simplistic these days. No spooky treats, no gross foods, just pretty Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits. Because why not?
These Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits are super easy to make. You just need to whip up a batch of pumpkin spice pudding and a batch of chocolate pudding and have some whipped cream and then layer it and you’re done.
We use both boxed puddings and homemade, so really it’s your call what you decide to do. It has a lot to do with how much you need to make and how quickly you want them done.
Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits are simple and fast and taste like fall in a little glass.
Want some more fantastic Halloween Recipes? Here ya go!
- Bloody Mary by La Cocina de Leslie
- Head Will Roll Cocktail by Noshing with The Nolands
- Wicked Sangria by The Messy Baker
SWEETS AND DESSERTS
- Snickers Fudge by I Run for Wine
- Halloween Pumpkin Chocolate Parfaits by Daily Dish Recipes
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Candies by What Smells So Good?
- Candy Corn Puppy Chow by Pies and Plots
- Candied Pumpkin (Calabaza en Tacha) by Magnolia Days
- Snickerway Truffles by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Halloween Crunch Truffles by The Weekend Gourmet
CUPCAKES, COOKIES AND MORE
- Bourbon Caramel Glazed Pumpkin Donuts by Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Candy Corn White Chocolate Pretzels by Alida’s Kitchen
- Soft Apple Cider Cookies by Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Spooky Cookies by Basic N Delicious
- Monster and Mummy Cupcakes by Hip Foodie Mom
- Pumpkin Cut-out Cookies by Take A Bite Out Of Boca
- Zombie Cupcakes by Treats & Trinkets
APPETIZER, MAIN MEALS
- Shrek’s Dirty Q-tips by Shockingly Delicious
- Pumpkin Soup by Juanita’s Cocina
- Pizza Bones by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sincere Pumpkin Patch Spicy Cheese Ball by Food Lust People Love
- Spooky Stew by Happy Baking Days
- Bloody Rice by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Witch Hats by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures