Creamy pumpkin pudding pairs beautifully with chocolate pudding and fresh whipped cream for a delicious sweet fall treat! These Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits go fast, so make plenty!
I cannot believe that Halloween is only four days away, well, five if you count today. For me, it’s just another day. Another day to make these fabulous Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
It’s also another day where my doorbell will ring endlessly and I will be forced to get up countless times to answer the door.
I’ll throw candy into buckets and pillowcases and try desperately to figure out what some of the costumes are. I feel so old. When did this happen?
Actually, what will more than likely happen, is we will drag the firepit to the front, put it in the circle in front of our driveway.
Then we will all bundle up in sweat pants and hoodies and sit outside with hot chocolate and soup and anything else that can keep us warm.
We will hand out candy together and never have to move because they will come to us.
We did that last year and it was perfection. But this year we will have these Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
We make a special treat and it’s usually these Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits.
We stay warm because we are bundled up, and we usually have blankets and hats and mittens if it’s really cold and a nice hot fire.
You know, it’s starting not to sound so bad. I think I’m looking forward to that.
In case you hadn’t noticed, my kids have all “outgrown” Halloween.
My youngest is 14 and my oldest two are 19 with the other two falling in the middle there.
Nobody really cares about it anymore.
In fact they don’t even go crazy for the candy anymore. So our treats are a bit more simplistic these days.
No spooky treats, no gross foods, just pretty Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits. Because why not?
These Halloween Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits are super easy to make.
You just need to whip up a batch of pumpkin spice pudding and a batch of chocolate pudding and have some whipped cream and then layer it and you’re done.
We use both boxed puddings and homemade, so really it’s your call what you decide to do.
It has a lot to do with how much you need to make and how quickly you want them done.
Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits are simple and fast and taste like fall in a little glass.
Want some more fantastic Halloween Recipes? Here ya go!
- Bloody Mary
- Wicked Sangria
- Snickers Fudge
- Soft and Chewy Chocolate Candies
- Candy Corn Puppy Chow
- Candied Pumpkin (Calabaza en Tacha)
- Snickerway Truffles
- Bourbon Caramel Glazed Pumpkin Donuts
- Candy Corn White Chocolate Pretzels
- Spooky Cookies
- Monster and Mummy Cupcakes
- Shrek’s Dirty Q-tips
- Pizza Bones
- Bloody Rice
Recipe for Chocolate Pumpkin Parfaits
Halloween Pumpkin Chocolate Parfaits
For Pumpkin Layer:
- 3.4 ounce vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup light cream
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- Whipped cream
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¼ cup baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Pumpkin Layer:
Follow directions on package if you are using Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding Mix OR for from scratch:
- Mix the vanilla pudding, milk, light cream and pumpkin puree together in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment. Beat for about 2 minutes or until the mixture thickens and everything is combined well. Stir in the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin pie spice. Pour into a bowl and cover and chill for 30 minutes.
For the Chocolate Layer:
- In a saucepan on the stove over low heat, combine the sugar, cocoa and cornstarch. Add milk slowly until the whole thing is smooth. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook the pudding for about 2 minutes or until it thickens. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Spoon the chilled pumpkin layer in first, next spoon in the whipped topping. Finish with the chocolate pudding and spoon whipped topping on top and serve.
- Garnish with nuts, shaved chocolate or sprinkles.