Ham and Pasta Salad – a southern classic
A true southern classic, this Ham and Pasta salad is a staple at most get togethers. You will love the creamy texture and full flavor!
I’m a little late today since I had so many posts that wound up going up yesterday.
I really didn’t want to inundate my poor followers with so much. Today is Letter H is the A-Z April Blogging Challenge and I went for Ham.
We had tons of ham leftover from Easter and I wanted to find something to do with all the leftovers. This, wonderful, very traditional southern dish, was it.
A great, easy dish that helps use up leftover ham if you have it. A classic ham and pasta salad keeps things traditional.
More Recipe Favorites
- Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Wing Snack Mix
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
- Chocolate Rum Donuts with Chocolate Rum Ganache Glaze
- Green Onion, Egg & Toast Tarts (or cups)
- Grapefruit Smoothie
- Ham and Pasta Salad
- Creamy Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
- Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Key Lime Cookies
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- Italian Nachos
- Blood Orange Marmalade
Recipe for Ham and Pasta Salad
Ham and Pasta Salad | Classic Southern
- 2 cups cooked pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons parsley finely chopped
- 3/4 cups chopped celery
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1/2 cup dill pickles chopped
- 2 cups chopped ham
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook your pasta until tender, according to package directions.
- Drain and run cold water over the pasta to cool it off. Drain all water.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and parsley.
- In a large bowl, pour in the pasta and add the mayo sauce and mix together well.
- Add the celery, onion, dill pickles and ham and mix together.
- Gently stir in the shredded cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
Thank you. Sounds really good.
Thanks so much Liz! 🙂
Looks great! We make a variation of this that also includes slightly cooked broccoli heads and chopped pecans or walnuts (gives is a nice bite). Thanks for posting.
Oh that sounds fabulous. I would definitely add some broccoli to this to make it even better. The nut idea is awesome too. Thank you!
This is perfect! I was just doing a search this morning for a yummy pasta salad to make tomorrow, and this has ALL my favorite flavors. Thanks!