Easy, Cheesy Italian Nachos. What makes them Italian? Nothing much but the ingredients and they are SO good!
Have you ever tried Italian Nachos? Italian Nacho’s are pretty much one of our favorite snacks around here. I say that about a lot of things.
Honestly these are so easy to make and throw together, that we have them often after school or on weekends when we are looking for a fun snack.
You can change them up, add or subtract ingredients, use different herbs and spices and just generally make them to suit your taste.
What makes them Italian? We do. No, I’m sure they aren’t served in any restaurant in Italy.
Nor are they probably even on their radar.
But we like to change things up, and one day we just decided to throw these ingredients together. We made them and they’ve sort of stuck ever since. We just called them Italian. We do that sometimes.
I also won’t pretend they are the prettiest thing ever.
However, they are so good you will not care that they just look like a giant pile of cheese and toppings. I promise, you won’t care. Trust me.
They are my letter I for the A-Z Challenge.
Check out my other recipes posted for this challenge
- Creamy Avocado Chicken Salad
- Buffalo Wing Snack Mix
- Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse
- Chocolate Rum Donuts with Chocolate Rum Ganache Glaze
- Green Onion, Egg & Toast Tarts (or cups)
- Fruit Tarts (Mini)
- Grapefruit Smoothie
- Ham and Pasta Salad
- Creamy Coconut Pineapple Ice Cream
- Spicy Jalapeno Bacon Deviled Eggs
- Key Lime Cookies
- Minny’s Chocolate Pie
- Italian Nachos
- Blood Orange Marmalade
Italian Nachos Printable Recipe
Italian Nachos | Cheesy, Italian Goodness
For the Chips:
- 10 Wonton Wrappers
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Fresh Oregano finely chopped
- Fresh Basil finely chopped
For the Nachos:
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup of pepperoni sliced
- ⅓ cup black olives
- fresh oregano finely chopped
- fresh basil finely chopped
- Lay out your wonton squares and cut them diagonally both ways into 4 triangles each and put them on a baking sheet.
- Lightly brush each triangle with olive oil, sprinkle with garlic powder, fresh oregano and basil.
- Bake at 375ºF for 5-6 minutes or until just slightly turning brown.
- Bring them out of the oven, and sprinkle the cheese across the chips. Sprinkle both fresh herbs into the cheese and top everything with pepperoni and black olives.
- Pop it all back into the oven for another 5+ minutes, until cheese is melted completely.
- Eat hot, enjoy!