A slow roasted garlic cauliflower pumpkin soup seasoned with italian herbs and seasoned white wine vinegar for a wonderfully, autumn meal.
With autumn clearly in the air, leaves slowly changing and the temperatures dropping, often I turn to hearty soups to fill the growling stomachs of my family. We love to pair delicious thick soups with sandwiches or a salad for an easy weeknight meal.
I discovered De Nigris White Wine Vinegar’s by chance one day, as I was shopping at Walmart.
I was ecstatic when I saw they had a line of seasoned white wine vinegars – roasted garlic, Italian herb and even an original.
We brought them all home and any of the seasoned white wine vinegar would work with this recipe.
We found them down the condiment aisle at Walmart located pretty close to the ketchup.
The thing about seasoned white wine vinegars is that they are so versatile and can be used in so many meals to jazz them up and add some flavor.
This cauliflower pumpkin soup recipe did not originally call for white wine vinegar.
But when I found the line of De Nigris seasoned white wine vinegar, I knew it would be the perfect addition to add some more flavor and give it a little something extra.
And I was so right, it really took it over the top and brought out the other flavors too!
Try incorporating De Nigris Seasoned White Wine Vinegars into your favorite meals and recipes.
The new flavors are outstanding and you will love the ease and versatility of all the De Nigris products.
De Nigris is family owned (3rd generation) since 1889 when Armando de Nigris founded the first vinegar works in Naples, Italy. It’s a truly authentic Italian product line.
This Roasted Garlic Pumpkin Cauliflower soup is delicious.
We made ours a little thicker because we like it that way, but you could thin yours out a bit by adding some more stock by the tablespoon if desired, until you reach the consistency you want.
We added a blend of some Italian herbs to ours for just a touch more flavor, but truthfully the seasoned white wine vinegar does the job on its own.
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Pumpkin Soup Recipe
Roasted Garlic Cauliflower Pumpkin Soup
- 1 roasted garlic bulb
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 teaspoon De Nigris Italian Herb Seasoned White Wine Vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Follow my directions for how to roast garlic.
- In a large pot on the stove, boil cauliflower for 12-15 minutes until soft. Drain.
- In a blender, add the vegetable stock, Italian herb seasoning, De Nigris Seasoned White Wine Vinegar, drained cauliflower and pumpkin puree. Blend until smooth.
- Add the roasted garlic cloves by squeezing from the bottom of the clove so the garlic goes into the blender. Blend again.
- Pour everything into a pot on the stove and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes; stirring frequently. Add more vegetable stock if the soup becomes too thick.
- Serve with crackers, salad and a pinch of Italian seasonings on top.
- Happy Fall!