As far as holiday salads go, this Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad is a true favorite. Incredibly easy, yet absolutely elegant, packed with so much flavor!
Crunchy, flavorful and downright elegant, this Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad is the perfect side salad for any meal. It is especially perfect for holidays and will be on our Thanksgiving and Christmas table.
Why You’ll Love This Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad
The ingredients in this pomegranate orange spinach salad compliment compliment each other nicely, and the dressing is absolutely incredible! T
The best part of this salad is, you can change it up and make it what you want, if you like
Tips and Substitutions
You can substitute any ingredient in this salad or add more or take away ingredients. Here are some suggestions.
- Lettuce Substitution – Instead of spinach, this can be served on any bed of lettuce from leaf lettuce, iceberg lettuce, romaine or arugula.
- Pomegranate Seed Substitution – sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, cranberries, red grapes or even blackberries or any combination of the above.
- Orange Substitutions – Orange slices or mandarin oranges are what we usually serve in this salad, but slices of lemon or lime, or even peaches or pineapples would add a lot to this salad.
- Fig Substitutions – if you’d like to omit the figs you can, but they lend a lot of flavor in this beautiful salad. Substitutions that work well are apricots or dates.
- Feta Cheese Substitutions – Fresh parmesan, goat cheese, bleu cheese are all great crumbled into this salad.
- Add in’s – For more great crunch and flavor in this salad, you could add nuts like sliced almonds or chopped walnuts.
Recipe Ideas to Serve with This Delicious Salad
If you make our recipe, please let us know! Tell us in the comments or you can take a photo and share it, tagging us on instagram, facebook or twitter with #dailydishrecipes. We love seeing your creations!
Pin This Recipe for Later
Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad Recipe
Pomeganate Orange Spinach Salad
- 1-2 Bags of Baby Spinach I literally eyeballed by how much I needed to feed 8 people
- 3 oranges we tried this with mandarin oranges the 2nd and 3rd time… either is amazing
- 1 cup of pomegranate seeds
- 4-6 figs sliced thin
- ¾ cup of feta cheese
- Serve with a Pomegranate Vinaigrette recipe below
For Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- 2 cups of pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup of cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of honey
- ¼ cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoons of poppy seeds
To Make Pomegranate Orange Spinach Salad:
- Assembling a salad is not rocket science.
- On a platter, arrange the spinach covering the whole platter.
- Slice the oranges into chunks and evenly distribute throughout the spinach.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds all over.
- Distribute the thinly sliced figs all over the salad.
- Sprinkle with Feta on top.
- Serve with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
To Make Pomegranate Vinaigrette:
- Blend all ingredients together in a blender for about a minute or so.
- Can be refrigerated for up to a week.