A little bit tart, a little bit sweet, this refreshing Homemade Watermelon Lemonade is the perfect addition to your summer BBQ menu. It goes really well with anything you pull off the grill. Perfect for a hot day.
There’s one thing that is overlooked when planning for a BBQ. The drinks. It’s easily solved by picking up some soda but why not create a fun lemonade drink instead?
This Watermelon Lemonade is entirely from scratch and can easily be doubled or tripled. The best part of this drink, is that it’s terrific as a cocktail, but this is a non-alcoholic version.
If you feel like turning up the volume and creating a cocktail with it, Rum is perfect. You can do whatever you want, but my favorite is rum.
Kids love this drink because it’s just sweet enough with a slight tart taste. It’s refreshing and filled with ice is a great choice on a hot summer evening. It can be made it only a couple of minutes and requires just three store-bought ingredients.
Lemons, Watermelon and Sugar. Easy peasy.
How do you juice lemons?
There are a variety of ways to juice a lemon, including using a lemon juicer. Here are some tricks I use when juicing a lemon.
First, heat the lemons in the microwave for about 10-15 seconds. Just enough to warm them. Then, gently roll them on the counter to loosen the pulp from the peel inside. Now slice in half and juice as desired.
You can squeeze by hand however Walmart has a cheap juicer for around $3-$4 that makes it super easy. If you plan to make this a lot, I absolutely LOVE this product.
- Balsamic Three Bean Salad by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Berry Ice Box Cake by Back To My Southern Roots
- Boozy Bourbon Cupcakes by Cookaholic Wife
- Grilled Brie by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Grilled Chicken Wings with Carrot Habanero Hot Sauce and Blue Cheese by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Grilled Steak with Guajillo Pepper Chimichurri by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Homemade Watermelon Lemonade by Daily Dish Recipes
- Lemon Dill Tortellini Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- London Broil Sandwiches by The Freshman Cook
- Parsley Chive Butter by Family Around the Table
- Roasted Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce by Food Above Gold
- Watermelon Mint Moscow Mule by Sweet Beginnings
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.