One of our absolute favorite gameday recipes! These Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are literally melt in your mouth magical bites of happiness. So much flavor, melted cheese. Perfect for ANY get together and seriously the perfect party food!
Are you ready for game day?
It’s right around the corner!
What time is it now?
Time for Big Game Day Party Recipes! That’s what time it is!
But don’t just save these for game day, because that would be an honest shame!
These are great ANYTIME! And for any get together. And you can make as many or as few as you want!
I’m not the biggest sports nut, as I’m sure you’ve heard me go on about before.
But I am a foodie and an excuse for fun and delicious food, is a reason for me to celebrate.
These Philly Cheesesteak Sliders are some of our favorites.
Dripping with beefy gravy and gooey cheese, they are NOT neat, but they are more than delicious!
These may be more like the knife and fork slider, but hey, I’m not going to care if you get gravy and cheese all over your hands and then lick it all off.
It’s that incredible! (and I won’t tell anyone you did it, I promise!)
These are actually pretty easy to make, and require only a few easy ingredients.
All you need is slider rolls, thinly sliced steak, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, cheese and gravy.
You can use any spices or seasonings you want.
Any cheese you want.
We are from St. Louis, so we chose Provel cheese which is a wonderfully smokey, smooth and buttery cheese that is very popular on our St. Louis style pizza.
You can use Mozzarella or Provolone or Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack or …. you get the point.
Make these Philly Cheesesteak Sliders your own!
(scroll to the bottom of the post for the recipe!)
More Big Game Day Party Recipes
- Avocado Egg Rolls
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings
- Cajun Okra Fries
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Smoky Blender Salsa
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table
- Texas Caviar
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks
- Game Day Chili
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto
- S’more Poutine
Recipe for Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Let’s get to the making of them.
You will be so glad you did!
Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- 12 Slider buns halved
- 1 ½ lbs. thinly sliced Certified Angus Beef steaks best flavor!
- 12 slices of cheese or equivalent
- 3-4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 large green pepper sliced
- 1 small onion sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms slice and chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup brown beef gravy
- ¼ cup melted butter
- Remove the thinly sliced Certified Angust beef steaks from the refrigerator 10 minutes before you are ready to cook them. Pat them dry.
- Sprinkle them lightly with some salt and pepper on each side.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet on high heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the surface of the pan and coat.
- Place steaks into the pan. Fry for 30 to 60 seconds. Carefully flip the steaks over and sear the other side for 30 to 60 seconds. Do not overcook.
- Remove the steaks from the pan and allow to rest on a plate for about 5 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips and set aside.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat in same skillet you prepared steak in. Add the onion and saute for about 15 minutes. Add the pepper, garlic, mushrooms, salt & pepper, and continue cooking an additional 10 minutes.
- Add the steak back in and toss.
- Pour in the gravy and heat until hot.
- Meanwhile, remove the tops of the slider buns and place the bottoms in a 9×13 pan. Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the bottoms. Spoon the veggie, beef and gravy mixture over the mayo. Top with cheese slices or spoon shredded cheese on top. Put the tops back on.
- Brush melted butter over the top of the buns. Cover the pan with tin foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Uncover and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until tops are slightly browned and crisp.
- Serve warm.
Looking for more great recipes? Try these Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Creamy Blue Cheese Sauce or these Butternut Squash Portobello Tacos with Garlic Sage Cream Sauce.