Soft, tender moist delicious sweet honey pumpkin cornbread muffins are perfect for breakfast, side dish or anytime you’re craving some delicious cornbread.
It’s Fall, thank goodness. I love the colder weather, mixed with sunshine.
I love the heartier meals and fantastic autumn vegetables.
The farmer’s market is one of my favorite places in the fall.
Fresh vegetables, squash, pumpkin, corn and more.
In the cooler Fall months, my kids request my moist sweet cornbread with our heartier meals like chili and stew, slow cooker meals and just about any other meal I make.
They really love it.
They also love pumpkin.
So do I. Yep, pumpkin everything.
So when one is deliberating something new, why not take a classic family recipe and make it all new with a few twists.
Makes for a wonderful addition to absolutely any fall meal. That’s how Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins were brought to life.
I recently had the opportunity to try out Honey Granules. Wait what? Honey granules? That’s right!
And I cannot even begin to tell you how delicious they are. Honey Granules are a wonderful blend of pure can sugar and honey.
Simply sweet and a great way to add honey flavor to your recipes if you don’t happen to have any on hand.
I love the smell of them, I love the taste of them.
You can use them in your oatmeal, cereal, tea, coffee, on “sugar” toast, or in place of sugar in just about any other dessert known to man.
In case you were wondering, they go REALLY well on top of ice cream. Delicious!
But I decided to try them in these Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins.
One bite and we were sold.
First of all, the honey added a delicious rich honey flavor to the muffins but then mix in the pumpkin and you literally have a fall meal pairing that not only smells heavenly, it tastes divinely like Fall.
Ready for some Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins?
If you don’t have any honey granules on hand, and would rather use actual honey, feel free to substitute.
Both work the same and are equally as delicious!
Honey Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- 1 cups cornmeal
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ⅓ cups Tate+Lyle Honey Granules
- 2 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- ⅔ cup pureed pumpkin
- ¼ cup. melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- 2 ½ cups whole milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a 12 cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir the cornmeal, flour, Tate+Lyle Honey Granules, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the pureed pumpkin, melted butter, beaten eggs and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients stirring just until moistened.
- Pour the batter into the greased muffin tin filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven, serve warm with butter or honey or simply plain.