The wonderful floral scent of the very short lived Peony is captured in a gloriously delicious and beautiful pink peony jelly to enjoy year round!
Just look at that color. Right? I mean, how many jellies can you think of that come in this incredible shade of pink? The peony flower is gorgeous, it’s so fragrant and one of my favorites.
But the sad thing about a peony, is how incredibly short their life is in my yard and garden. A week or a little more.
A lot of years ago I was walking through a Farmer’s Market and saw Peony Jelly on the table for sale. I thought, no way that is made from the flowers… but… what if it was? I had never even considered peonies for jelly before.
So that was the first year I made Peony jelly. That was 1998 in Arizona. Now it’s 2019 in Missouri and I still make it almost every single spring/summer when I can. I knew it was what I wanted to share during Farmer’s Market week!
What does pink peony jelly taste like?
It’s very hard to describe. Pink peony jelly has a floral undertone with a hint of strawberry and peaches … kind of. I have shared my jars with many friends and neighbors and I haven’t found anyone who didn’t like it. It’s incredible spread on a piece of toast or a bagel in the morning with a cup of tea.
Wednesday Farmer’s Market Week Recipes
- Basil Pesto Salad Dressing by The Spiffy Cookie
- Cheddar & Thyme Yellow Squash Biscuits by Savory Moments
- Fresh Cherry Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Garlic Broccoli Slaw by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Lemon Meltaway Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Mixed Berry Cobbler by The Redhead Baker
- Old Fashioned Fruit Cobbler by Tip Garden
- Pink Peony Jelly by Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pork Bahn Mi Bowls with Pickled Vegetables by Books n’ Cooks
- Summer Vegetable Pasta Bake by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Tequila Salsa by Our Good Life
- Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho by Cookaholic Wife
Want some other unique Jelly recipes?
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.