Happy Wednesday! Guess what today is? Considering I made a Coconut Orange Mango Martini, it MUST be National Martini Day!
National Martini Day
On June 19 we celebrate this delicious cocktail and whether you make it classic, or give it some flavor like I did… it’s a traditional drink that is perfect for summer!
Nobody seems to know it who deemed it National Martini Day, but in my opinion, that part doesn’t really matter. Let’s celebrate!
Now a true Martini purest would tell you that if your martini is sweet, then it’s not an actual martini. And maybe that’s true, but I don’t like a traditional Martini. But boy do I love this one!
Coconut Orange Mango Martini
I wanted something tropical because, well… it’s summer and it’s hot. And I wish I was anywhere tropical right at this moment. I really need a vacation. And a sandy beach. And a fruity cocktail with a little paper umbrella.
But, since I won’t be laying on any beaches anytime soon, I grabbed the next best thing. A Coconut Orange Mango Martini. Filled with luscious mango and creamy coconut flavor and blended with traditional blue curacao.
There isn’t a little paper umbrella, but it’s perfectly fruity and creamy and dreamy and it almost does the trick.
How to make:
This fruity concoction is easy as pie. Muddle some mango to get some juice, leave the pulp in if you like it that way (we do) add the rest of the ingredients and shake.
Do a dance while you’re shaking. Because you want to shake a lot. You want it COLD. Really cold. A Martini should be served cold and because this one is perfect on a hot evening, make it as cold as you can.
I hope you enjoy my recipe for this Coconut Orange Mango Martini and when you’re done checking it out, be sure and visit my friends who shared some great Martini recipes too!
Check out these other fun martini recipes for #NationalMartiniDay:
- Bikini Martini from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Classic Cosmo from Books n’ Cooks
- Classic Lemon Drop from Our Good Life
- Coconut Ciroc Martini from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Coconut Orange Mango Martini from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy Chocolate Martini from Sweet Beginnings
- The Dirty Martini from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- French Martini from Food Above Gold
- Hawaiian Martini from Family Around the Table
- Tamarillo-tini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Watermelon Guava Martini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Coconut Orange Mango Martini
- .5 part gin
- .5 part vermouth
- 1 part blue curacao
- 1 part coconut cream
- 1 part mango juice
- We started by muddling a chunk of mango and getting as much juice as we could. A bit of pulp came out and we didn't care, we kept it in.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker including ice. Shake a lot. Martini's should be served COLD.
- Gently pour with strainer in place (to keep the ice out) into a martini glass and enjoy!
If you’re looking for some more fun Martini recipes try these: