Fruity, delicious and gorgeous, this Dragon’s Breath Cocktail is incredibly delicious and uses Dragonberry Rum, one of my favorites!
I was excited about the Bacardi Dragonberry because I just knew it would make one delicious cocktail and it mixes well with almost anything.
Why You’ll Love This Dragon’s Breath Cocktail
If you are interested in the other cocktail pictured, check out our Dragon’s Sunset Cocktail also made with this delicious Bacardi Dragonberry.
To make them a bit more festive, I added some butterfly pea flower to one and grenadine to the other to give them a fun ombre effect. We buy this Butterfly pea flower. If you also want to pick up a delicious grenadine, I recommend this one.
Ingredients and Substitutions
This cocktail only has three main ingredients, though I highly recommend the butterfly pea flower to get the fun color!
- Bacardi Dragonberry is of course your main ingredient. It can be purchased at any alcohol or liquor store, but we’ve also been able to pick it up at our local grocery so check at yours. If you cannot find it, any berry flavored rum will work well or the only time we haven’t been able to find it, we substituted with Bacardi Banana. A different flavor but it definitely worked!
- strawberry juice – Admittedly we were able to locate a strawberry passion fruit juice when I developed the recipe, but since then, it’s gotten much harder to find the combination. So we just purchase a bottle of strawberry juice but to get the dark color you can really use any berry juice. I would even bet cranberry juice would be incredible here too.
- passion fruit juice – We live in the midwest and I don’t know why but we have NO problem finding passion fruit juice here. We typically settle on Goya brand. Luckily Amazon has it for CHEAP! Goya Passion Fruit. If you just can’t get the passion fruit, another winner is mango juice!
Recipe Ideas to Serve with a Dragon’s Breath Cocktail
If you make our recipe, please let us know! Tell us in the comments or you can take a photo and share it, tagging us on instagram, facebook or twitter with #dailydishrecipes. We love seeing your creations!
Are you ready to celebrate New Year’s Eve?
What are your favorite snack and cocktail options with Bacardi Rum? I would love for you to share the with me in the comments below. I secretly LOVE hearing about peoples menus for different holidays!
Dragon’s Breath Cocktail
- 2 ounces Bacardi Dragonberry or Bacardi Banana available in liquor aisle or your local liquor store
- 2 ounces strawberry juice
- 2 ounces passion fruit juice
- 4 ice cubes
- Liquid Butterfly Pea Flower optional for color
- In a cocktail glass filled with your ice cubes, pour the Bacardi Dragonberry or Bacardi Banana
- Next pour in the juices.
- Use a stir stick to stir together. Once drink has settled, carefully add a couple of drops of Butterfly Pea Flower (you can also make up butterfly pea flower ice cubes ahead of time and use them instead). They slowly melt making a cool color combo.
- For a fun effect, add a small piece of dry ice to each glass right before serving to give it the “breathy feel”.
- Serve and Enjoy! Please Drink Responsibly.
What Signature Cocktails for New Year’s Eve will you be making? Looking for another great cocktail to serve? Check out the Dragon’s Sunset.