This Watermelon Agua Fresca with Rose Water is a fun twist on traditional agua fresca. A refreshing, very summery beverage that is easy to make and absolutely delicious.
I think of picnic’s and I think of Watermelon. Watermelon Agua Fresca is the perfect beverage to take a long with you on a picnic. It’s all of the wonderful Watermelon flavor without all the sticky mess, seeds and bulk.
You can’t really beat that.
Not to mention, a Watermelon Agua Fresca can be turned into a cocktail so easily by just adding whatever alcohol you think seems delicious.
For the heck of it, we mixed a little with Blue Curacua and light rum to see if it actually tasted good and well, it was amazing – plus really pretty!
But that’s not the twist I gave this particular Watermelon Agua Fresca.
This pretty little glass of watermelon goodness, is not your typical Watermelon Agua Fresca.
So what does Agua Fresca mean?
Agua Fresca literally translates to Fresh Water. It’s definitely a refreshing recipe, that will help keep you hydrated all summer long.
In fact, I contemplated changing the title to fit the actual recipe… it would then be Watermelon Agua Rosa Fresca.
That is because of my twist. Instead of using only fresh water, I used rose water too. And oh my, what a wonderfully sweet and fragrant glass of Watermelon water did we enjoy!
We’ve always enjoyed a wonderful glass of Watermelon Agua Fresca on a hot summer afternoon. Adding the rose water just took it to the next level.
Check out the other fun summery recipes to enjoy!
Salads and Slaws:
- Bacon Ranch Potato Salad from Juanita’s Cocina
- Cold Pea Salad from Shockingly Delicious
- German Potato Salad from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Hawaiian Cole Slaw from Curious Cuisiniere
- Italian Chopped Salad from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Kale Pasta Salad from Hip Foodie Mom
- Mediterranean Pasta Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- PA Dutch Pepper Cabbage from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Pineapple Slaw from I Run For Wine
- Spaghetti Salad from Country Girl in the Village
- Tortellini Pasta Salad from Supper for a Steal
Sandwiches and Mains:
- Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwich from Momma’s Meals
- Caramelized Onion, Goat Cheese, and Tomato Sandwich from Magnolia Days
- Herbs-Garlic and Parmesan Croissants from Basic N Delicious
- Indian Spiced Chicken Drumsticks from Soni’s Food
- Mini Chicken Salad, Avocado and Cheese Subs from Big Bear’s Wife
- Moroccan Fried Chicken from MarocMama
- Pepper, Spinach and Goat’s Cheese Quiche from Happy Baking Days
- Picnic Basket Buttermilk Fried Chicken from Noshing with the Nolands
- Salmon in a Jar from Healthy. Delicious.
- Smoked Trout Deviled Eggs from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spam Musubi fromKimchi Mom
- Apricot Oat Nut Bars from Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Dipped Rice Krispie Treat Pops from In The Kitchen With KP
- Cocoa Cupcakes with Chocolate Buttercream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fruit Salad from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Loaded Butterscotch Bars from Vintage Kitchen
- Nathan’s Cookies from What Smells So Good?
- Peanut Butter Rice Crispy Treat Truffles from Chocolate Moosey
- Shandy Popsicles With Raspberries from Ruffles & Truffles
- Texas Sheet Cake with Pecan Frosting from Food Lust People Love
- Triple Chocolate Punch Bowl Cake from Neighborfood
- Fresh Limeade with Chia Seeds from girlichef
- Pineapple Sangria from Growing Up Gabel
- Strawberry Basil Lemonade from The Messy Baker Blog
- Strawberry Lemonade from Gotta Get Baked
- Top 10 Wines for Picnic #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine blog
- Watermelon Agua Fresca from Daily Dish Recipes