Sweet S’mores Martini is creamy, delicious and so much fun to make and serve. Rim the glass with chocolate and graham crackers, and roast a marshmallow for the garnish on the cocktail. YUM!
I am all about the comfort food. And more importantly, comfort food warms me up when it’s cold out, and face it, at least in my neck of the woods, its COLD! And sometimes comfort food comes in the form of a cocktail. A warming delicious S’mores Martini.
I recently got my hands on a copy of Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook. QVC’s Resident Foodie, David Venable, has released his latest cookbook filled to the brim with more than 100 recipes, as well as 30 fan favorites, that David created an inventive spin on.
I couldn’t wait to get a copy of this book and it was totally worth the wait.
Venable’s second cookbook, Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook from QVC’s Resident Foodie, has recently been released in October 2014 and features more than 100 brand-new recipes, as well as 30 fan favorites, that highlight David’s inventive spin on traditional comfort food favorites.
There are recipes for Banana-Peanut Butter French Toast, Sunday Pot Roast, Smoked Brisket, Five-Cheese Fifteen-Minute Mac’ n’ Cheese, and Mimi’s Blackberry Cobbler, just to name a small few. In addition, there are 11 chapters, some designed specifically for favorite kitchen appliances like the pressure cooker or slow-cooker.
There is also a bonus holiday chapter that’s only available in cookbooks purchased from QVC!! You are sure to find something that will please your palate, fit your lifestyle and get your whole family back around the table.
When the book arrived in my hands, I couldn’t put it down. I poured over page after page, recipe after recipe of delectable dishes I wanted to try. From sweet to savory, everything is covered and made with simple, easy to find ingredients. This is a big deal to me on what makes a good cookbook.
And the comfort food section, where David adds his own personal touch on many classic favorites, might be my favorite section and especially at this time of year! SO much goodness in one section with so many amazing recipes to try!
Well, I needed to choose a recipe to try now and after a lot of consideration, I settled on the S’mores Martini. Why? Because it’s ‘Smores. And who doesn’t love s’mores and want to drink something that tastes like one? I did, that’s for sure!
My boyfriend was a little skeptical, because he had never had any of the liquors suggested, but he has an open mind and was willing to give it a try. One sip and the guy was absolutely sold. SO sold that he asked me to make them after work everyday for a whole week! Yes they are really that delicious and chocolaty and call for the perfect amount of each ingredient, rendering an adult beverage that literally is like enjoying a S’mores but… a S’mores Martini.
I was so pleasantly surprised that the drink has been shared now with many friends and family.
I loved David’s idea of swirling chocolate through the glass before serving, though we have done it both with and without. It looks cool, so definitely try it if you’re up to it.
If you choose to do it without, add some chocolate to the bottom of the glass in a pool and then pour the drink on top. Not as pretty, but still tasty and after a week of these things, I wasn’t swirling chocolate for the boyfriend anymore. ha!
Loved dipping the rim in the chocolate and then in graham cracker crumbs. It definitely added the perfect touch!
These were such a huge hit, and the boyfriend raved about them enough to everyone that they were the “drink of the night” at a recent desserts and cocktails hour we hosted.
We chose these S’mores Martini’s and David’s Peppermint Holiday Cake and Chocolate-Champagne Truffles.
It was a night to remember and everyone raved over all the dishes!
I’m telling you, you will definitely find something to suit your palate, whether you are looking for savory or sweet, breakfast or dinner or moving straight to dessert.
If you think your family will enjoy this recipe, be sure to visit qvc.com/AroundtheTableCookbook to learn more about and purchase Back Around the Table: An “In the Kitchen with David” Cookbook.
Filled with 156 great recipes like this, you’re sure to find something that fits your lifestyle and gathers everyone back around the table!
Who’s ready to get their S’mores Martini on?
S’Mores Martini Recipe
- ¼ cups chocolate syrup
- 2 graham crackers finely crushed
- 2 marshmallows
- ¼ cups marshmallow vodka
- ¼ cups Adult Chocolate Milk
- ¼ cups heavy cream half and half can be substituted
- Put 3 tablespoons of the chocolate syrup on a small plate. Place the crushed graham crackers on another small plate. Dip the rims of two martini glasses in the chocolate syrup, then dip the rims into the graham cracker crumbs. Quickly turn the martini glasses right side up and drizzle the remaining 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup in a spiral design on the insides of the glasses.
- Put the glasses in the freezer for 1 hour to let the chocolate harden.
- Remove the glasses from the freeze after an hour.
- Heat a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Put each marshmallow on the end of a skewer. Place the skewers in the skillet with a flat side of the marshmallows facing down, until the marshmallows turn golden, about 45 seconds. Remove the skewered marshmallows from the pan and, using the tines of a fork, push 1 marshmallow into each martini glass.
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice, half of the marshmallow vodka, half of the Adult Chocolate Milk, and half of the cream. Shake well and strain the mixture into one of the glasses. Repeat for the second drink.
**This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of QVC. The opinions and text are all mine.