This creamy, decadent, light and airy Pumpkin Cream Pie is the perfect, easy yet decadent dessert to bring to any holiday event.
With holiday parties in full swing, if you need an easy to make dessert, this one is it!
I am not sure how we are staring down the face of December already.
This year has truly flown by and been full of ups, downs and in betweens that have built memories that will last a lifetime.
I’m ready to face 2017 head on, I just can’t believe it’s almost time.
With all the seasonal flavors, I couldn’t help but consider making a seasonal pie – I wanted something we could use for our holiday meals or any get togethers that we attend this season.
We love pumpkin pie at our house and I’m known to whip one up or buy one while I’m out just because.
Well, pumpkin pie.
But when I was a little girl, my Nana used to make me a Creamy Pumpkin Pie.
It was long before I enjoyed the real thing and I thought I was such a big girl enjoying pumpkin pie this way.
This is an old classic recipe that can be found almost anywhere, but definitely should still be made!
I don’t know where my Nana got it, but I found my version in one of those community cookbooks that I love and adore.
The creamy texture, basic crust and delicious flavors make this perfectly spiced pumpkin cream pie an absolute must for your dessert table this season.
You and your guests will not be disappointed.
Do you love pumpkin pie?
I have heard that if you don’t, then this is the way to go, but of course even if you do, it is still the way to go.
Trust me. So creamy. So good.
Creamy Pumpkin Pie is a must.
More fun pumpkin recipes:
Pumpkin Cream Pie Printable Recipe
Pumpkin Cream Pie
- 1 9 inch pre-baked pie crust
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup pumpkin
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice make your own, or use storebought
- 1 ¾ cups whipped cream homemade or storebought, divided
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese with the pumpkin, scrape the sides down. Add the sugar, vanilla extract and pumpkin pie spice until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl to ensure everything is whipped together.
- Fold in ¾ cup of whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into the pre-baked pie crust.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream across the top. Sprinkle with Cinnamon or Nutmeg if desired.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours, but 12 hours or overnight is best. Serve cold and enjoy!