Rich Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies are crisp on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside and incredibly decadent.
These Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies and this post are sponsored on behalf of #ChristmasCookiesWeek. As always, all opinions are my own.
It’s here! Christmas Cookies Week 2018 begins today and runs all week long. We have a giveaway with exciting prizes and fantastic sponsors, and we have dozens upon dozens of Christmas Cookies recipes to fill every cookie jar.
Today I’ve made these Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies. Born of my love of coffee and dark chocolate, and of course, cookies. Why not combine them all together and create a cookie that encompasses everything?
That’s what I did with these.
These are perfect on any Christmas Cookie plate and tend to go fast! I was surprised when I brought 5 dozen to a recent Christmas program at school and they were gobbled up and quick. I left with nothing but crumbs. I was not surprised though.
These are great with a hot cup of coffee or steaming cup of tea or warm mug of hot chocolate.
In fact, they also go great with a tall cold refreshing glass of milk.
The deep rich dark chocolate chips and coffee flavor in every bite make for a unique cookie experience that you will adore.
The cookie is a little crisp on the outside but so soft and chewy and wonderful on the inside.
When they come out of the oven I can barely wait for them to cool enough for me to gobble up a few.
In fact, just for this post, I made them three times and most of them were gone by the time I went to take photos. My kids love these Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies and couldn’t stop eating them.
The third time I baked a batch while nobody was home and hid them to cool them so I could snap a few quick shots. Then I immediately consumed a few. They really are SO good!
More Christmas Cookies Recipes:
- Brown Sugar Ornament Cookies
- Chocolate Espresso Brown Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Snowball Cookies
- Christmas Macarons
- Classic Spritz
- Gingerbread Macaron
- Hot Chocolate Cookies
- Peppermint Cookie Dough Truffles
- Peppermint Meltaways
- Sour Cream Decorated Cookies
- Spiced Chocolate Molasses Cookies
- Chocolate Dipped Gingerbread Shortbread
Are you ready to make Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies?
Dark Chocolate Coffee Crinkle Cookies
- 1 cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- ½ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons coffee extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a bowl, blend together the dark cocoa powder, granulated sugar and oil until combined. Beat in each egg, one at a time. Add the coffee extract and blend well.
- In another bowl, combine together the flour, baking powder, salt and chocolate chips; stir into the cocoa mixture until combined.
- Place dough in covered container and chill for at least 2 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets with cooking spray, parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Roll your dough into 1 inch balls. Roll each ball into powdered sugar before placing on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes at 350 degrees F. Remove from oven and allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes, before transferring to wire rack.
- Stores well in a sealed container for up to about a week or so.