Melted chocolate, chunks of banana and the sweet flavor of peanut butter stuffed inside these Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Ebelskivers! Delicious!
Have you ever had an Ebelskiver? I ask that, and then I wonder, have you ever even heard of an Ebelskiver? My family had not, but I had. I love making them.
So what is an ebelskiver?
It’s a Danish pancake that is light and puffy and typically filled with fruit, chocolate, jam or cheese.
The difference between this little morsel of goodness and a traditional American pancake is that these can be both sweet or savory, whereas the American counterpart is typically just sweet.
In addition, Ebelskivers are served for breakfast, an appetizer, dessert or even main dish for lunch or dinner.
We make Ebelskivers a lot and have even made a few savory recipes which will be shared here soon. However when I saw the new Reese’s Spreads I knew, immediately, what to do with it.
Finding the spread at Walmart was easy, though the section is super small. Just look wherever your peanut butter is, and it should be right there. You need this stuff!
Reese’s Spreads is the perfect combination of peanut butter and chocolate, and who doesn’t love PB and chocolate? It comes in a wonderfully spreadable form that can be spread on toast, waffles, apples, bananas, pretzels, cookies; the possibilities are endless!
It’s a great way to enjoy an authentic Reese’s experience in a new and enticing way.
Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Ebelskivers
The new Reeses’s spreads took these Ebelskivers over the top. And they were so great to throw in lunch boxes, for an after school snack and I totally plan to whip some up for the holidays to have out on the table.
Let’s talk about how easy they are to make. First, you do need an Ebelskiver pan. Or I suppose any pan that made cake balls or something similar would work. Scroll below the photo for step by step directions.
Step by Step directions for Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Ebelskivers
1. Mix up your pancake mix. Doesn’t matter if you use from scratch or store bought mix. I make mine up from scratch using this basic buttermilk pancake recipe
2. Put your Reese’s spreads in a piping bag or just use a plastic baggie with the end snipped like I did.
3. Gather all your ingredients together and spray your pan with cooking spray. You don’t want to skip this step because you’re going to want to work fast after the batter goes in.
4. Fill the cavities of the pan halfway with batter.
5. Working quickly, drop a scoopful of banana into the center of each batter filled cavity.
6. Top with a squeeze of Reese’s Spreads.
7. Fill the cavities the rest of the way with batter.
8. When you notice the top cooking and the sides pulling in, it’s time to flip them. They sell special tongs for flipping but I just use a large spoon. Just so you are aware, you will probably have the batter start coming out as soon as you are flipping and that’s okay as long as the batter fills the cavity so it cooks. When the Ebelskivers are easy to remove, you’ll know they are done. You’re looking for golden color like a normal pancake. Remove pan from heat. Remove Ebelskivers from pan and enjoy!
Printable Recipe for Banana Peanut Butter Chocolate Stuffed Ebelskivers
Want to try different pancakes?
- Andes Chocolate Mint Pancakes
- Best Blueberry Pancakes
- Chunky Monkey Pancakes
- Pumpkin Pie Pancakes
- Christie’s Peanut Butter Pancakes
- Ellen’s Apple Cider Pancakes