Light and fluffy and easy to make, this Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe is the perfect addition to your arsenal of recipes! It also makes a great base for flavored recipe too!
I am a firm believer that every home cook needs an arsenal of basic recipes for things we enjoy making.
This Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe has been around in our family for awhile.
I am not sure where my grandmother got it, but it was in a box of recipes that I inherited when she passed away.
It’s incredibly easy, and your pancakes will turn out light and fluffy every time.
This recipe can serve as a jumping off point to add what you’d like from blueberries, to herbs to chocolate chips to spices.
Or it can simply stand all on it’s own as your go to Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe like we use it.
Honestly, the first time I ever made these, I was impressed with how light and fluffy the pancakes turned out and how easy the whole thing was to make.
I had breakfast on the table in no time flat and my kids said they tasted better than restaurant pancakes.
This is a compliment since they adore restaurant pancakes too.
This Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe was a keeper from the start and I turn to it the very most when I am looking for a base recipe to play with as well.
Add your spices, add your extracts and add your fresh fruit or chocolate chips or whatever you’d like to add to make it yours.
You will be so happy with the results, this will quickly become your go-to pancake recipe too.
And your whole family will love how fluffy and delicious they are!
Are you ready to simply make this Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe?
Basic Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups real buttermilk
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- Lightly grease your griddle and preheat.
- In a large bowl, mix up the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the egg, buttermilk, vanilla extract and butter. Mix until incorporated. Do NOT overmix. Batter will be thick, lumpy and kind of puffy.
- Spoon the batter onto the griddle. Use the back of a spoon if you need to spread it out a little.
- Cook for about 1-2 minutes per side or until pancakes are golden.