The sweet taste of tropical fruit and honey are swirled throughout these sugar donuts taking you to an island on a hot summer day with one bite. These Tropical Fruit Honey Swirled Donuts are super easy and absolutely delicious.
A few days ago, I mentioned these awesome Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Fruit Spreads I got from Kroger. They come in four delicious flavors – Blueberry Lemon, Strawberry, Tropical and Mixed Berry.
They are SO good. Like we are putting them on everything. After a few treats, I decided I wanted to make something with them.
We have had so much fun in the kitchen trying them out in all sorts of recipes. We used them in cake, cupcakes and cheesecake. However, we quickly fell in love with these Tropical Fruit Honey Swirled Donuts. They take a classic sugar donut recipe and kick it up a notch.
Then, instead of frying the donuts, we went with baking for a soft, fluffy, cake like texture.
These baked donuts are cake-like and delicious, with the Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread swirled through out the donut. If you swirl it well there isn’t a single bite of donut that doesn’t have some of that Tropical goodness. Yes please. Again and again.
A wonderful breakfast, brunch, snack or just a simple break time treat. They are soft, sugary and quite tropical! One of our favorite summer treats. These go incredibly well with tea or coffee. I usually drink coffee with mine, but I found that I rather enjoyed tea with them too.
Now don’t get me wrong. These fruit spreads aren’t just for use in recipes, though they kick any recipe up a notch.
They are also wonderful spread on toast, bagels, waffles, topped on pancakes, on sandwiches, shall I go on?
With four flavors to choose from, there is something for every taste bud and treat. We tried them on slices of cake, in the center of cupcakes and as a cheesecake topping too.
They were incredible and I feel like they are super versatile. That’s what I look for in products, so this one is a winner for me.
While this post was sponsored, I would still brag about them because they are that good. Something different than what you normally find and I think that is what makes it so special.
I love the idea of making things with stuff I have on hand, and I almost always have jelly and jam on hand.
Homemade mostly, but I do have some store-bought too and I have ALOT of this Smucker Jelly!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of The J.M. Smucker Company®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Check out these amazing Tropical Fruit Honey Swirled Donuts
Here are some more fun summer dessert recipes!
- Pineapple Pistachio Marshmallow Cream Cake
- Tropical Summer Cake
- Strawberry Lemonade Pie
- Green Tomato Spice Cake
- No Bake Strawberry Nutella Cream Cheese Pie
- Coconut Mocha Shakes
- Easy Chocolate Camping Cake
- Strawberry Cantaloupe Smoothies
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Tropical Fruit and Honey Swirled Donuts
Tropical Fruit and Honey Swirled Donuts
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 4 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 jar of Smucker's® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread
- ½ cup of melted butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease or spray donut pans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and blend together well.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Slowly pour into the butter/sugar mixture.
- Pour the milk in and mix together.
- Pipe batter into the donut pans.
- Using a knife, swirl Smucker’s® Fruit & Honey Tropical Fruit Spread throughout each donut and on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes, or until donuts are turning golden.
- Remove from oven.
- Melt ½ cup of butter in one bowl and put sugar in another bowl.
- Dip each donut into the butter and then dredge through the sugar.