Our Crew wants you to give these Baked Cranberry Donuts a try! A wonderfully light, sweet cranberry flavor makes these perfect for a holiday brunch!
The Daily Dish Crew wants you to try these Baked Cranberry Donuts!
Welcome to Day 6 of the 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats Link Up
It’s Day 6 and we’re into the second week of 12 Days of Sweet Eats and Holiday Treats.
So many wonderful treats have been shared, my co-hosts have been whipping up great recipes and this has been so much fun.
Of course I had to bring these Baked Cranberry Donuts to our party, but there’s a lot more than just these.
I do hope you will link up your favorite Holiday Treats, Crafts, Decorations or DIY Holiday projects to the party.
There are really no rules, would just be nice if you stopped by and visited the other hosts too.
They have awesome treats in store for you as well!
- Micha from Cooking Mimi
- Pam from Blueberries and Blessings
These Baked Cranberry Donuts were a test to see if I could get them to work.
I used an older donut recipe and substituted the fruit it called for, for the cranberries – because I liked the idea of a cranberry winter time donut – special for a holiday brunch.
We really liked these a lot, though I’d like to play around to see if I can get a stronger cranberry flavor.
But if you like a light cranberry flavor, you will truly love these.
At any rate, these are really good, the kids gobbled them up without reservation and then asked me when I was planning to make more again.
A great holiday treat!
Baked Cranberry Donuts Recipe
Baked Cranberry Donuts
For the Donuts:
- 2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs beaten
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter melted
- 1¼ Tablespoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of chopped cranberries
- For the Icing:
- ¼ cup cranberries pureed
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream plus more to get consistency what you want
- 2 cups powdered sugar sifted*
For the Donuts:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Spray your donut pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, both spices and salt.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk your eggs, then add the cream, butter and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend just until incorporated. It will be a little thick, don’t worry about this. Fold in the chopped cranberries.
- Open a freezer bag and dump the dough into the bag. Seal the bag and snip the bottom corner off one side.
- Pipe the dough into your donut pan about ? full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. You can tell they are done because if you press on the donut, it will spring back up.
- Allow to completely cool on a rack before icing.
For the Icing:
- In a blender, pulverize the cranberries with a couple of drops of water.
- Add the cream and blend.
- Pour 1 cup at a time of powdered sugar into the blender and blend. If you want a thinner icing, only use the 1st cup. If you want a thicker icing, use the second cup of powdered sugar.
- Pour or brush the icing over the donuts. Enjoy!