Fudgy and Moist Coconut Chocolate Brownies
Fudgy and Moist Coconut Chocolate Brownies are rich, chocolaty bites of goodness. Full of coconut and chocolate flavor, soft and scrumptious.
Since I have been so busy planning and preparing for my upcoming conference, I haven’t had much time for my blog or to be in the kitchen.
We’ve had a lot of quick meals lately, as I tested plugins and web templates for my SEO session with Dan.
I’ve missed being in the kitchen but most of all I’ve missed sharing my life with you all through my blog.
I will be back next week full force and will keep you update over the weekend so you can see what we’ve learned, and what we’re doing.
I decided to make a batch of brownies for my family to enjoy while I was gone.
I took our basic brownie recipe and changed it up a bit by substituting coconut extract and adding some coconut flakes.
I made three batches (so they’d last… I have 5 teenagers, they’d eat them all in one sitting if I don’t make extras) so I tested one and I loved it.
A little jealous I won’t get to enjoy the coconut chocolate brownies with them, but I know they will be enjoying them and thinking about me (living it up in Orlando).
Recipe for Fudgy and Moist Chocolate Coconut Brownies
Fudgy and Moist Chocolate Coconut Brownies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cups dark cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut extract
- 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8? x 8? glass pan.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat. Remove and add the sugar, stirring to combine it all together. Return the sugar/butter mixture to the heat for about a minute or until it’s hot, but not yet bubbling. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, add the 2 eggs and beat for about a minute. Add the cocoa powder, salt, baking powder and coconut extract and beat into the eggs until smooth.
- Stir the hot sugar/butter into the egg mixture until it is all smooth.
- Add the flour and mix well. Add the chocolate chips and coconut, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into your lightly greased 8? x 8? pan and bake at 350°F for approx. 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with no loose batter. Allow to cool slightly before cutting or they will fall apart easily. Slice and serve.
What’s your favorite brownie combination?
ooooh have so much fun!! Give everyone my love!
(and these brownies because OMYGOD)
I am DYING that I can’t get there until Saturday!!! I cannot WAIT to meet you! I hope you had a safe trip thus far and will have a blast tonight and tomorrow!
Thanks for the nice recipes. Have a great time and stay safe!