Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette is the perfect spring themed salad. Of course, we eat them anytime of year!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Natural Ingredients, good for you!
- It’s a hearty meal on it’s own, but makes a perfect side salad too!
- You can change it up (see examples below) and add or take away whatever you want!
- Homemade Strawberry Dressing that just kicks the whole salad up a notch!
We took the above salad, and make it 100% better!
Strawberry Lemon Avocado Spinach Salad Ingredients
baby spinach – if you want to substitute kale or even regular leaf lettuce, go for it.
fresh strawberries – slice them up and make them a big part of this salad!
Meyer lemon – okay so not everyone can get Meyer Lemons, but if you can – do it!
They are so much better than a regular lemon, however if you cannot get them – a regular lemon is a perfectly acceptable substitute.
You could also use limes, oranges, blood oranges – really any citrus.
avocado – this really adds to the texture of the salad, and the vinaigrette makes them taste amazing!
sliced almonds – they aren’t necessary but the crunch they add to this salad is perfect!
lemon juice – you can use regular lemon juice for this, but if you have Meyer Lemon’s go ahead and squeeze them all up instead.
cider vinegar – this is our favorite one
granulated sugar – you can adjust this amount for just the right element of sweetness, honey is also a good addition instead of the sugar.
olive oil – we use extra virgin olive oil
poppy seeds – completely optional, but they are perfect in this salad.
And I made it again. I love the pretty colors and the way the Meyer Lemon slices look in there. So pretty and the salad tasted amazing.
After we changed up the recipe a bit, we discovered we really wanted a bit of crunch too!
The Strawberry Vinaigrette in this photo was a couple of days old so it’s beginning to thicken up a little.
If you want to thin it out a little, just add a couple of drops of water or oil. Shake well.
We decided to add the sliced almonds. That crunch I like with each bite. The crunch is absolutely incredible.
But if you want to leave them out, feel free.
Or switch it up… these make great subsitutions:
Crunchy Salad Toppings
- sliced nuts, any kind
- crispy fried onions
- seeds (sunflower/pumpkin/sesame)
- tortilla strips
- roasted chickpeas
- crispy bacon
- chow mein noodles
The best part of this recipe, is that you can whip up a batch of the dressing on Sunday and it will last all week long!
It goes well on any type of salad:
- cabbage salad
- cucumber salad
- spinach salad
- even a fruity coleslaw
While I chose this recipe to really encompass Spring originally, you can change up any part of it to fit what you love or what is seasonally available.
More Spring Recipes
- Asparagus Red Pepper Salad
- Creamy Meyer Lemon Pasta
- Raw Cucumber Sandwich with Avocado and Spinach Sauce
- Strawberry Sorbet
- Meyer Lemon Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Candied Flowers
- Lemon Citrus Cookies
- Watergate Salad
Recipe for Strawberry Lemon Avocado Spinach Salad & Strawberry Vinaigrette
Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad with Strawberry Vinaigrette
- 4 cups of baby spinach or 2 cups baby spinach 2 cups kale
- 2 ½ cups of fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 Meyer lemon diced
- 1 avocado sliced
- ½ cup of sliced almonds
- 4 cups of sliced fresh strawberries
- 4 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of poppy seeds
To make the Dressing:
- In a blender, blend the strawberries until pureed. Add the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and sugar and blend again.
- Add the olive oil in and blend until the vinaigrette has thickened. Stir in the poppy seeds and you are ready to use it.
- Stores in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
To Make the Whole Salad:
- Layer the baby spinach on a 2 small plates or 1 large plate.
- Add the strawberries and avocado.
- Divide the Meyer lemons among the two plates (or all on one).
- Add the sliced almonds and drizzle with the wonderfully delicious Strawberry Vinaigrette you just made.