Veggies with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
Zesty creamy Parmesan coated veggies are the perfect side dish recipe for almost any meal. These Veggies with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce go with beef, chicken, seafood and pasta. So delicious anytime!
I made these Veggies with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce for our ‘This Week’s Cravings’ hosted with Tina over at MOMS CRAZY COOKING, and Angie from Big Bear’s Wife.
The Veggies with this creamy sauce are a great side dish any time you want a delicious vegetable dish.
These are probably not traditionally considered a Thanksgiving side dish, but we tend to make it mostly at holidays.
And the sauce is perfection. Plus it’s great over pasta, mashed potatoes and salads.
Plus we enjoy the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce over steak, on burgers, salmon, seafood and just about anything that a sauce like this could go with.
My kids don’t absolutely love veggies, so anything I can do to make them want to eat them, I’ll do. This saucy veggie dish is perfect.
The good news is, my kids LOVE Veggies with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce. I’m pretty sure it’s the sauce, but since I have a few picky eaters, I am thrilled. And it’s all I really wanted.
It’s JUST that good!
Feel free to add or remove vegetables in this dish. You can substitute with your favorites or use the creamy garlic Parmesan sauce over any other veggies. We love it over Brussels Sprouts.
Who’s ready to make some Veggies with Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce?
This is tasty enough to make anytime of year, but we especially enjoy it at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Are you ready to make this dish?
This post is linked up with: Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Made By You Monday, Mangia Mondays, On The Menu Monday, My Sweet & Savory Meatless Mondays, Homemaker Monday,
If you’re looking for some other great side dish recipes, try one of these:
World’s Best Creamiest Mashed Potatoes
Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad
Twisted Bacon Green Bean Casserole
Veggies with a Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce
- ½ lb. 2 c. fresh broccoli cut up into small pieces
- 2 c. cut up carrots we just use the baby carrots
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce see recipe below
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Chives chopped
Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- 1 3 oz. pkg. of cream cheese
- ¼ c. parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. minced garlic you could also use garlic powder to get the flavor
- ¼ c. milk
- 1 Tbs. butter
Directions for Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce:
- Cook all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly, seriously otherwise it sticks to the pan. Stir until smooth and heated all the way through.
Putting it all together:
- Heat about an inch of water to boiling in a saucepan. Add the broccoli and carrots. Heat until it is boiling again.
- Boil for about 5-7 minutes or so until the veggies are crisp-tender. Drain them and keep them warm. I usually make the sauce while the veggies are cooking. Serve the veggies in a small side dish or on the plate. Top the veggies with the Creamy Garlic Parmesan Sauce and then sprinkle about a tablespoon of fresh chives on top. Yum!!
This recipe looks delicious! :-0)
Is it bad that as soon as I saw this I thought, “Im going to replace the veggies with pasta.” I’m famous for turning healthy recipes into unhealthy ones 🙂
lol nope not bad at all – that’s exactly the kind of thing I do. I have used this sauce on pasta and it’s very yummy!