We took a traditional side dish and turned it into the best Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad. Loaded with cranberries, pecans, mandarin oranges and more. A holiday favorite!
Today is the final day of our fantastic holiday side dish recipes week. The bloggers this week have shared some incredible recipes, something for every table.
Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad is a twist on a traditional classic ambrosia salad, made special for the holidays. Because… why not?
It is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas, and any time in between. It’s also good, just because.
It tastes more like dessert than a side dish, but we don’t complain. It’s delicious!
Don’t be afraid to add more of what you love in this dish, too.
We like to add extra thawed frozen cranberries, coconut, and other additions that make this Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad a little different each time. You can absolutely add or take away what you want. It’s all optional, really.
Make your own whipped cream or use store-bought. When we make our own, which we love to do, we change up the extracts involved. Instead of Vanilla extract, we might use Almond or even Rum. All these flavors are incredible.
You can really change up the flavors of this yummy Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad by changing what you put in it. This makes it a pretty versatile holiday recipe!
Try all these tasty holiday side dish recipes:
- Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin from Our Good Life
- Cranberry Ambrosia Salad from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mashed Potato Casserole from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Orange Maple Glazed Carrots from Simple and Savory
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Apples from Sweet Beginnings
- Roasted Buffalo Broccoli and Cauliflower from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Seasoned Rice from A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Spinach Pomegranate Salad from Caroline’s Cooking
- Tangerine Beet Goat Cheese Salad from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- World’s Best Cornbread from Family Around the Table
Are you ready to whip up your own Christmas Holiday Ambrosia Salad?
Here are a few fantastic Holiday Recipes and Articles You Might Also Like:
- Vanilla Rum Sugared Cranberries
- Black Forest Parfaits
- Chocolate Eggnog Poke Cake
- Garlic Herb Buttermilk Dinner Rolls
- Red Wine Raspberry Sauce
- Holiday Pork Roast with Red Wine Mushroom Gravy
- Baked Cranberry Donuts
- Hot Chocolate Brownies with Marshmallow
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.