Nothing like homemade whipped cream, it’s super easy and far quicker to do than you think. Plus it tastes amazing and you can change up your flavors!
Making homemade whipped cream is so super easy it’s a wonder why more people don’t do it.
Plus it’s considerably cheaper and much healthier without all the preservatives and other junk they add in the store bought versions.
We love making homemade whipped cream and it’s easy enough my kiddo’s can do it too! I’m all about the recipes that my kids can make by themselves.
(Please keep in mind, my kids are over the age of 11, and I didn’t start trusting them in the kitchen by themselves until they were at least 10 and even then I poked my head in a LOT!)
Fun Homemade Whipped Cream Flavors
By changing the extract you use, you can create some really fun flavors of whipped cream to go with almost any dessert!
- lemon extract
- peppermint extract
- almond extract
- amaretto extract
- rum extract
Imagine a wonderful lemon whipped cream with a delicious lemon pound cake? And the thing is, there are tons of exotic extract flavors like cotton candy and birthday cake which would be super fun!
Printable Recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream, below
What you need:
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tsp. vanilla extract
In a bowl, pour in the heavy whipping cream. Pretty easy. Except it is a lot harder to do when you’re trying to hold a camera in your hand, so first – sorry about the shaky photo and second, I’m really glad you can’t see the amount of cream I wound up pouring outside of the bowl! haha
Next, pour in the vanilla extract.
Lastly, dump in the sugar.
Now here’s the important part. When you turn on your mixer keep it on low (the first two or three settings) until you start to see some foam. You can up it from here. Gradually turn it up. You want the whipped cream to form stiff peaks.
Do not over beat! This is imperative. You won’t have that creamy texture you’re looking for. It tends to begin separating and getting chunky looking in appearance.
If that does happen, it still tastes great, it just doesn’t look very pretty.
It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.
We make it in small batches like this, so it doesn’t go to waste. Enjoy!
There is definitely something to be said about homemade whipped cream.
Recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream – Super Easy!
For a great dessert to use the homemade whipped cream with, check out these Simple Coffee Milkshakes.
Homemade Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a bowl, pour in the heavy whipping cream.
- Next, pour in the vanilla extract.
- Lastly, dump in the sugar.
- Time to mix. When you turn on your mixer keep it on low (the first two or three settings) until you start to see some foam. You can up it a bit from there. Gradually turn it up. You want the whipped cream to form stiff peaks, so watch is carefully so you don’t over whip.
- Once it’s ready, it can be used immediately, or It can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days.