Creamy, icy and smooth, Simple Coffee Milkshakes help you cool down on a hot day.
They are also fun just because and they become a dessert topped with whipped cream and cinnamon.
I don’t know where you are, but here in St. Louis, it’s getting HOT. Really hot.
And when it gets this hot, I will go to drastic measures to reduce anything in my house that makes it hotter.
We don’t turn on the stove, we don’t go in and out of the house over and over.
I often cover the windows with darker curtains to keep the sun out.
Oh, and we have sky lights and we keep those covered too.
However, lately we have resorted to obsessive Popsicle, smoothie and milkshake making.
It’s a great dessert option and quickly cools you down. We love it.
This recipe is one of those easy recipes that I’ve had in my arsenal since I was a teen. I mean, who doesn’t have a few of those?
I am assuming at this point, that I must have got it out of a cookbook or something at some point.
But now I don’t even really need the recipe, nor do I measure much anymore. I simply eyeball, because I’ve made it so much.
Also, you can change it up by using different flavor of ice cream and even different types of liquids.
We’ve done it with juice in place of the coffee and a strawberry or other flavor of ice cream.
It’s just a very versatile and easy recipe that can take you quite far, all summer long. Kids and adults just love it!
What’s your favorite way to cool off in the hot summer sun?
Besides cold drinks and desserts, we love to be near any body of water. Lake, pond, creek, pool and of course, the ocean. Because who doesn’t love the ocean on a hot summer day.
If you’re looking for a cold dessert to make, to keep you cool all summer long, look no further than our cold summer treats.
Simple Coffee Milkshakes Recipe
Simple Coffee Milkshakes
- ¼ cup strong coffee or espresso chilled
- 2 cups of coffee ice cream
- ½ cup milk we use chocolate sometimes for more of a mocha coffee milkshake
- homemade whipped cream optional
- cinnamon optional
- Make sure your coffee is chilled.
- In a blender pour in milk, strong coffee and coffee ice cream (you can use chocolate or vanilla instead, if you’d rather)
- Blend thoroughly until milkshake is completely blended.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and cinnamon or cocoa powder sprinkled on top.