Pumpkin S’mores Cake is a fun spin on your traditional s’mores cake. Deliciously pumpkin with a chocolate layer and sweet roasted marshmallow topping.
Happy Adoption Day! (November 21)
I am not sure how old I was, when I learned that I was adopted. I was extremely young and have known nothing else my entire life. I am proud to be adopted.
Honey Maid has long recognized and celebrated that while the makeup and day-to-day lives of families have evolved, the idea and importance of wholesome family connections remains the same.
I don’t think there is any secret that as a whole, the American family has changed. What defines a family today, is very different than what defined a family, even 15-20 years ago. As our world changes, so must the importance of wholesome family connections.
In my family alone, we are definitely not all related by blood.
- According to Pew Research Center, one in 12 married couples in the U.S. are interracial. We have several in our family.
- According to BGSU National Center for Family and Marriage Research, nearly 40% of children don’t live with both of their biological parents. Only 62% of children live with their two biological parents. My own two biological children have lived with me most of their lives, and not their biological father.
- According to The Williams Institute, 125,000-plus same-sex couples currently raising children in the U.S. This is a progressive step forward for America and places children in loving homes. This statistic simply makes me smile.
- According to the 2010 U.S. Census, more than 1.5 million American families have been touched by adoption. My brother and I are both adopted, since birth.
Much like the American family, Honey Maid has continued to evolve across its 90 year heritage.
From classic grahams to Teddy Grahams, Honey Maid’s wholesome products are made with whole grains and real honey, without high fructose corn syrup or artificial colors, and are wholesome snacks families can agree on for any occasion.
Our family turns to classic grahams for great snacks, simply use with a spread, or turn them into dippers or dress them up and make them fancy and enjoy them for dessert. We did just that with this delicious Pumpkin S’mores Cake. I have been eating this since childhood when my grandmother made it for me every Fall. Back then, we simply made the pumpkin cake, and then topped with Honey Maid classic graham crackers, chocolate chips and big old marshmallows.
Much like the American Family is changing, since my grandmother’s passing, the recipe has changed and evolved and become our own. We like adding the Honey Maid graham crackers into the cake batter for added flavor. Plus, no more uneven melting with chocolate chips, now we use chocolate bars and instead of the huge marshmallows, we opt for the mini’s because they are much prettier on the cake and oh so very delicious.
- Honey Maid & Wholesome Snacking – The classic graham cracker makes s’mores fun for the whole family, or simply serves as inspiration to create every day wholesome snacks like the Very Berry “Cheesecakes.”
- Teddy Grahams – Made with 8g whole grains per 30g serving, Teddy Grahams are a snack parents can feel good about giving their kids. The fun shaped crackers that unlock imaginations are available in six delicious flavors, including honey, chocolatey chip and the new Teddy Birthday Cake flavor.
Are you ready to make Pumpkin S’mores Cake?
Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.I was selected for this opportunity as a member of
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.