Sweet Skillet Cornbread enhances the delicious naturally sweet flavor of corn by adding honey and making a much softer, more moist and sweet cornbread. It’ll make a cornbread lover out of you after-all.
It’s the second day of side dish week, and I brought my Sweet Skillet Cornbread to the table. I was going to avoid doing sweet side dishes this week, after all the sweets and treats I’ve been making lately, but I couldn’t resist sharing this version of our Moist Sweet Cornbread with you instead.
It’s pretty easy. Everything goes in one bowl, mix it all up and pour straight into your favorite cast iron skillet.
Bake for a bit and you’re going to be devouring this Sweet Skillet Cornbread in no time at all.
This Sweet Skillet Cornbread is amazing served warm or cold, but you’ll be missing out on something special if you don’t drizzle with some honey.
This is by far one of my daughter’s favorite recipes that we make as a family. Not because of how easy it is. It totally is. But because she has never liked traditional cornbread recipes. At all.
This Sweet Skillet Cornbread? She could devour an entire skillet, I assure you.
This is our favorite side dish “bread”. We tend to make this to go with darn near anything – from seafood to pasta, and steak to chili, it’s literally perfect.
When making this Sweet Skillet Cornbread I often get asked “can I add corn to this cornbread?”
Yes, you can add canned corn, fresh corn or thawed frozen corn to this Sweet Skillet Cornbread recipe. Drain a can of corn and toss it in at the end, gently folding in.
When making this Sweet Skillet Cornbread I also here “can I add jalapenos to this cornbread?”
Yes,, you can add jalapenos the same as the corn, drain and gently fold in at the end. Be aware though, this is NOT a savory cornbread so jalapenos can be a little jolting to someone not expecting it. They are delicious though.
Check out all the Holiday Side Dish Recipes:
- Autumn Orzo Salad from Sweet Beginnings
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes from Everyday Eileen
- Company Rice from Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Dilly Carrots from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- French Onion Pull-Apart Rolls from The Weekend Gourmet
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes from Caroline’s Cooking
- Make Ahead Turkey Gravy from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Maple Chipotle Hasselback Butternut Squash from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mashed Potatoes for a Crowd from Cookaholic Wife
- Roasted Beet and Citrus Salad from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Savory Onion and Bacon Bread Pudding from Our Good Life
- Slow Cooker Glazed Green Beans with Bacon from Tip Garden
- Sweet Skillet Cornbread from Daily Dish Recipes
- Vegan Creamed Greens from The Baking Fairy
Are you ready to make Sweet Skillet Cornbread?
Nicole Cook is the owner/editor of Daily Dish Recipes, a lifestyle blog with an emphasis on food/cooking/cocktails and much more.
She calls the Midwest home – Missouri to be exact. Coffee is her go-to drink, music is her vice and she is endlessly tethered with devices to her online world. She loves all things planner, lives for her great big family and loves her pets endlessly!
Her motto in life: Live Simply, Dream Big, Be Grateful, Give Love, Laugh Lots. Always, always laugh lots.