Creamy, delicious mashed potatoes. This truly is the Best Creamy Mashed Potatoes Recipe. Super easy recipe, super creamy, perfect for holidays, potlucks, picnics, bbqs and more!
World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes EVER!
I’ve been making these World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes since I was in my early 20’s. They were always my favorite back then, and they remain so today.
We don’t need to actually discuss my age, but with 5 teenagers, I’m sure you can figure that out on your own. It’s been awhile. And we’ve been making it a long time.
I love this mashed potato recipe, it’s so easy, so creamy and so flavorful.
There is nothing calorie saving about this recipe, but it is perfectly comforting, delicious rich and is our absolute favorite.
This makes any average, ordinary meal just a little more special. It’s the perfect side dish for a cold winters night. The ultimate comfort food.
We also make it every Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter as well as birthday’s and other special events. It’s just that good.
I don’t call it the World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes just because. And it’s requested at family events a lot.
I made this particular batch of my awesome World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes for the third month of the Crazy Cooking Challenge.
Last month’s Cooking Challenge was a quest to find the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe and the month before, we found the Ultimate Macaroni and Cheese Recipe and let me just tell you, I had a blast with both.
Ready to make the World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes Recipe?
These mashed potatoes go with anything and we make it for ALL major holidays. Not to mention, it’s a great side dish to make an ordinary dinner just a little extraordinary.
So creamy, so delicious. I promise, the creamiest mashed potatoes ever. Your whole family will love them!
World’s Best Homemade Mashed Potatoes
- 10 – 12 medium Yukon Gold Potatoes do not cut or peel
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine
- 1 jumbo garlic clove pressed or finely chopped (I also use garlic powder)
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 c. sour cream add more to taste
- ½ tsp. Lawry’s seasoning salt
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- Scrub your potatoes. Drop into a pot of salted boiling water. Boil them about 40-50 minutes or so.
- Carefully drain them. Don’t allow them to cool too much. Cut them into 4 smaller pieces.
- Put everything into a huge bowl and then begin to mash them up. You can use a potato masher, but I actually use my handheld mixer.
- Now, add your seasonings, the garlic (I used powder for this recipe, but I do use the garlic cloves most of the time), the cream cheese, and the butter. Blend well.
- Now add the milk and sour cream. You can add more milk or sour cream to taste or to add to the creaminess.
- Blend well.
- Serve immediately! You can freeze these too, just remove from freezer, allow to sit about 20-30 minutes before putting in the oven. Bake at 325 covered (in tinfoil) for about 20-30 minutes or so. Mix well and check to be sure there are no cold spots.