A Little Summer Berry Love, this Summer Fruit Salad is not only super easy, but so delicious!
Why We Love This Summer Fruit Salad
- It’s easy and can be whipped up pretty quickly.
- If you’re not making it for an event, this recipe makes at least two or three portions per family member. Fruit Salad for days!
- This recipe is very easily adapted. Double, Triple or add what you love!
- It uses fresh fruit and is a healthy alternative for a summer dessert or snack.
We love fruit at our house, and most especially berries – strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Yum!
Therefore, I make tons of fruit recipes all summer long, so why not pull one out of the archives and share it with you.
This simple summer salad is so easy to make and is ready in the time it takes you to cut up the fruit and mix it all together. So simple.
I love fruit, I love summer fruit and I could basically eat it everyday.
And I love making a quick fruit salad to serve on the side in the summer and my kids love it too.
What are some common Summer Fruit?
- and a lot more!
Can I add a fruit to this Vanilla Fruit Salad?
Absolutely. Add or take away whatever you all like. This particular combination of fruit is fabulous together.
However, I know some people have allergies and so might need to remove a fruit or want to add something else.
What fruit do I need for this fruit salad?
Ideas to change up this Fruit Salad
This recipe calls for peach pie filling, making it a fantastic fruit salad for springtime.
Use lemon pie or blueberry pie filling for a summer fruit salad.
For a great fall fruit salad, use apple pie filling and add some cinnamon to the final result.
And for Christmas substitute cherry pie filling. These recipes can be found on my blog and have some additional optional ideas and add ins.
This recipe is incredibly versatile and can be made however you desire.
More Summer Berry recipes:
- Whipped Coconut Milk Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Shortcake with Real Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Blackberry Sweet Basil Smoothie
- Lunch Box Kabobs
Recipe for Summer Fruit Salad
Summer Berry Recipe: Summer Fruit Salad
- 1 lb. strawberries halved &/or quartered
- 1 c. blueberries
- ¾ c. raspberries
- 1½ c. seedless red and/or green grapes halved (we usually don’t halve them & we use both!)
- 2 lg. bananas sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit peeled and sliced
- 1 c. fresh pineapple cubed
- 1 21 oz can of peach pie filling
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- Clean the fruit and chop it up or halve things.
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, grapes, bananas, kiwi and pineapple.
- Gently fold in the pie filling and the vanilla. Sometimes instead of using the vanilla, we will substitute some whipped coconut milk or whipped cream. Just makes it into a fun creamy salad.
- Ideas: We have tried it with cherry pie filling at Christmas time (yum!) and Apple Pie Filling in the fall (another yum!), so feel free to change it up. Choose whatever fruit you wish to add and go to town.
- Chill until serving. So good!