Creamy and delicious, filled with fresh fruit and homemade coconut milk whipped cream. Great fruity, coconut flavor – You’ll love this Whipped Coconut Milk Fruit Salad!
It’s Monday! Hope it’s the beginning of a great week for all of you and that you had a wonderful weekend.
It’s time once again, for This Weeks Cravings and our theme this week is Picnic Foods.
In other words, what would you take with you on a picnic? We’re looking for new twists on picnic foods, or even just traditional picnic food recipes.
This fruit salad is delicious and really doesn’t even need to be prepared ahead of time. I will warn you however, it has a lot of coconut flavor, so if that’s not your thing – you won’t like it.
But if you do love coconut, this delicious salad is for you.
It is so good; creamy whipped coconut milk smothering fresh fruit slices, and the best part is – you can add and delete any fruit you want.
More Summer Berry recipes:
- Whipped Coconut Milk Fruit Salad
- Strawberry Shortcake with Real Strawberry Whipped Cream
- Strawberry Blackberry Sweet Basil Smoothie
- Lunch Box Kabobs
What is your favorite Spring or Summer Salad?
Do you have a favorite combination of fruit you enjoy?
Recipe for Whipped Coconut Milk Fruit Salad
Coconut Milk Fruit Salad
- 13.5 ounces coconut milk made into Whipped Coconut Milk Cream, see recipe below on how to make that
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- ¼ cups coconut flakes sweetened or unsweetened – your choice
- 4 Kiwi Sliced
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cups pineapple you can use canned pineapple but be sure to drain completely
- 15 ounces mandarin oranges or you can slice up fresh oranges
- 1 cups cherries halved, remove the stems and pits
Whipped Coconut Milk Cream:
- You need to chill the cans of coconut milk overnight in your refrigerator.
- When you're ready to make the salad, open the cans and drain off the clear liquid.
- Transfer the cream to a mixing bowl and beat for about 1 minute.
- Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until the coconut cream is nice and thick and fluffy.
Putting it all together:
- Add all of the fruit to a large bowl. Sprinkle the coconut flakes on top. Gently fold the whipped coconut milk cream through the fruit.
- For best results refrigerate for at least an hour or two, but its not necessary – tastes just as yummy fresh, but the cream is a little looser. Enjoy!!