These Easy Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Sauce are spicy, savory goodness for Taco night. You can have dinner on the table in only 20 minutes.
I’ve been wanting to make shrimp tacos for my family, for quite awhile. I love them, but I wasn’t sure how my kids would feel about them.
I only have two that love shrimp, and one that sort of likes shrimp, so I figured it was a hit or miss.
Awhile back I was at a dinner party where we were served these delicious shrimp tacos and while I asked for the recipe, I forgot to get it before I left. So I went on a hunt trying to find them.
I knew they had some kind of ranch jalapeno sauce on them and I was able to find this awesome recipe.
It tasted pretty much the same as what I remember, maybe better.
After one bite, it was a hit for two of the kids – they loved them. It took the third one a little longer to decide whether she liked them.
But she did have seconds on a flour tortilla so I’m thinking she just doesn’t like the corn tortillas.
So all in all, in my world – that’s a total win for shrimp tacos!
These tacos pack some heat, but can be adjusted by using less or more sauce.
How to make Easy Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Sauce
Easy Shrimp Tacos with Jalapeno Ranch Sauce
- 1 pounds shrimp peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeno roasted, peeled and seeded
- 1 ounce ranch dressing mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- Diced Avocado
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Cheese
- 4 Corn or flour tortillas
- Combine the shrimp, olive oil, lime juice, garlic and chili/cayenne in a bowl. Allow it to sit and marinate for about 30 minutes. I let my shrimp marinate for about 4 hours covered in the refrigerator – it was pretty flavorful!
- Cook your shrimp however you wish – grill, saute, etc.
- In your food processor, add the jalapeno, the ranch dressing and the sour cream. Blend it all together until completely smooth.
- In small bowls, offer shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, the jalapeno ranch sauce, diced avocado and shredded lettuce to go with them.
- Warm the tortillas and allow everyone to assemble their own with whatever additions they want.
Want some more amazing taco recipes?
Fried Mushroom Tacos by The Baking Fairy
Chorizo and Potato Tacos by Savory Moments
Baked Vegetable Tacos by Kate’s Recipe Box
Spicy Griddle Cajun Chicken Tacos by Daily Dish Recipes
Poblano Lime Chicken Tacos by Daily Dish Recipes