Creamy Garlic Green Beans
Creamy Garlic Green Beans are so versatile they literally lend its hand rather elegantly to any meal. Goes great with any dish & takes less than 10 minutes!
I love having one of those versatile side dishes that go great with almost any meal.
But it’s also important that they can stand alone in flavor all by themselves.
These Creamy Garlic Green Beans are made the way my grandma used to prepare them and I know I’ve had similar dishes elsewhere.
In fact, they remind me of restaurant style green beans too.
This is an old recipe for sure. I know I have been enjoying it since I was a kid.
At our house, we love green beans and I roast them with olive oil and sea salt frequently. But you know sometimes you just want something that tastes a little fancier.
Like they took a little more time, but they didn’t. Something that can beef up a meal just a tad to make it something just a bit more special.
And Creamy Garlic Green Beans are it.
This side dish literally takes very little time to prepare. It can be made with frozen, fresh or even canned green beans.
It’s all up to you and your family’s taste! And trust me, these taste like a million bucks.
Well, actually they taste more like wonderful Creamy Garlic Green Beans, but either way, they are perfect for any meal!
Doesn’t really matter how you make them, serve them or prepare them.
These are delicious with almost any meal!
We love them as a veggie with steak, salmon, chicken, pasta or spaghetti!
Just a really fresh, nice dish that goes perfect with almost anything.
More great Veggie Recipes
- Creamy Baked Cheesy Asparagus
- Italian Pan Roasted Garlic Brussels Sprouts
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Butter Parmesan Asparagus
- Grilled Corn with Garlic Herb Butter
Recipe for Creamy Garlic Green Beans
We are positive you will enjoy them so much, they will quickly become a staple at your house.
Creamy Garlic Green Beans
- 4 cups green beans
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- In a large pot, heat green beans on high heat for six minutes. Drain. If you are using canned green beans, pour the liquid in too. If you are using frozen, add 2 cups of hot water and give them about 5 more minutes on the stove. If you are using fresh, add about 1 1/2 cups of water and allow to cook for an addition 3-4 minutes. Drain out all liquid before moving on.
- In a frying pan, melt and combine the butter and garlic powder on low heat.
- Add the sour cream, and heat for only another minute.
- Toss in green beans to coat.
- Serve with anything.